NAD-gut shots, try to guess amp first

Matt300ZXT

Got this new amp today, picked it up from a guy about 2 hours away after meeting him in the middle. Looks like a clean, simple amp and should be fun to rock with.

Before I post up pics of the un-edited board shots and the outside, see if you can guess. Here's are some hints: US made, 2 EL34s and 3 12ax7s.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
It's an interesting way of building the amp: PCB with turrets for the off-board wiring. It would royally suck to have to change those filter caps, because you'd have to unsolder wires from at least one side of the board! Or do the down and dirty by clipping them out and soldering onto the old leads...

Matt300ZXT

We have a winner! Did you recognize the guts or did you look at the link addy to the pic and see the album name it was in on my Photobucket? lol

DEFINITELY going to have to have the effects loop checked out. When I plugged my TC reverb and delay pedals into it the output seemed to get louder, lower notes were very flubby, I thought for a sec one of the speakers in my Budda 2x12 was blown so I turned it off and switched to the 4x12 cab and the same thing, sounded all around kinda ******. I unplugged the cables from the effects loop and it cleaned it right back up and sounded normal after that. With nothing in the loop it's got a pretty good rock tone, even without my overdrive pedal on. Cleaned up surprisingly well too on my Music Man's hum/mid single coil setting. It has Groove Tube power tubes and no name preamp tubes, at least the one I pulled. Going to try and find a GOOD schematic for it and have a good local tech put some new tubes in it, bias it up and see if they can't figure out that effects loop thing.

dsmc80

I've actually seen some guts from them regarding their builds, so that layout and component selection looked familiar. :aok

tele_player

We have a winner! Did you recognize the guts or did you look at the link addy to the pic and see the album name it was in on my Photobucket? lol

DEFINITELY going to have to have the effects loop checked out. When I plugged my TC reverb and delay pedals into it the output seemed to get louder, lower notes were very flubby, I thought for a sec one of the speakers in my Budda 2x12 was blown so I turned it off and switched to the 4x12 cab and the same thing, sounded all around kinda ******. I unplugged the cables from the effects loop and it cleaned it right back up and sounded normal after that. With nothing in the loop it's got a pretty good rock tone, even without my overdrive pedal on. Cleaned up surprisingly well too on my Music Man's hum/mid single coil setting. It has Groove Tube power tubes and no name preamp tubes, at least the one I pulled. Going to try and find a GOOD schematic for it and have a good local tech put some new tubes in it, bias it up and see if they can't figure out that effects loop thing.
Looks like a passive loop, if I'm not mistaken, not much to check out.

Matt300ZXT

Ah cool, well you win the grand prize of $1,000,000 pretend internet dollars :D Now to just find a tech familiar with them to go through it for a good once over and try to clean up that effects loop problem and make it ready to melt faces.

Slevin

Silver Supporting Member

Well... It does say bedrock on the chassis ;)

broken_sound

Silver Supporting Member
Tube config, tone electrolytics , and tiny preamp schem screamed single channel 800....totally wouldn't have guessed bedrock. Cool thread premise.

Trending Topics