• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NAD! HOT ROD W/Omega mods

jefrobie

Silver Supporting Member
Impressed! Bought off a fellow Gearpager, and after playing a new Hot Rod Deluxe III, I am totally impressed with Omega modded amp. I super liked the cleans of the stock Hot Rod, and don't notice a whole lot OD difference with mods. Maybe a tad fuller, not quite as clean but close...but the drive sections are no comparison! Totally useable and tasty....question though for those who have this amp and mods.....What OD pedal do you use...if any? I contemplated a Skreddy mini-screwdriver, but finally opted for a Bearfoot syod1 that is on the way...

ocripes

Silver Supporting Member
I've used various ones. Right now, I'm using an OCD v4. And the amp OD. The pre-amp boost adds a nice dimension to both sounds.

mike361

I thought the omega mod was to eliminate the need for od pedals. Unless it's to tighten it up or something. I have a stock HRDX one the older ones I guess, and I will run a fuzz pedal or two but usually with the clean channel. I keep hearing how bad the drive section is, but I really like it. It has it's own thing and that's what I like about it. On the extra drive section it has a old school vibe to it. Great for classic rock. The omega mod is supposed to make it even better.

jefrobie

Silver Supporting Member
I am using an OCD and a new Bearfoot syod1. Mods really help drive channel, pedals added feel like I've got five channels....very nice pedal platform.

Guitar Dave T

Impressed! Bought off a fellow Gearpager, and after playing a new Hot Rod Deluxe III, I am totally impressed with Omega modded amp. I super liked the cleans of the stock Hot Rod, and don't notice a whole lot OD difference with mods. Maybe a tad fuller, not quite as clean but close...but the drive sections are no comparison! Totally useable and tasty....question though for those who have this amp and mods.....What OD pedal do you use...if any? I contemplated a Skreddy mini-screwdriver, but finally opted for a Bearfoot syod1 that is on the way...
I've owned my Omega modded HRDlx for 3 years and have quit using ALL OD pedals with it. It's built in drive channel is just so much more touch sensitive and REAL than any OD pedals I have, including Zendrive, Xotic AC, Jetter GS Red, Blue and Maxon OD-9.

I still use these pedals, especially the Jetter stuff, around the house with a low watt tube amp for practicing and recording for when the family's sleeping, but the Omega Amp at band level just KILLS everything else. Here's a short shuffle/blues clip from a Jam I host (that's Chuck "Popcorn" Louden on drums, "Mr. Textbook Solid Pocket"):

This is 100% amp and 0% pedals. Even the tuner is not in the signal path.

Here's the same setup, different guitar:

jefrobie

Silver Supporting Member
Pedals help it be usable for me at moderate levels...it's a monster amp with mods...I've owned a Clark, Carr's, and numerous others...this is my favorite...wish I could find something close to it in a smaller grab n go size though...

Guitar Dave T

Pedals help it be usable for me at moderate levels...it's a monster amp with mods...I've owned a Clark, Carr's, and numerous others...this is my favorite...wish I could find something close to it in a smaller grab n go size though...
A great way to get it to give up its stuff at lower levels without having to use OD pedals is sub in a lower powered speaker. I use a WGS ET65, which is significantly lower volume than the stock speaker.

Trending Topics