NAD: Joyo Bantamp Thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Calebz, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Calebz

Calebz Member

My singer runs a Blujay and a jet city 1x12 for his harmonica. I kind of wish he had gotten the HBV30 1x12. I have the V30 2x12 and it's really the best cheap 2x12 cab on the market.

I run the Meteor through a custom 2x12 V30 cab. But the V30s in it came out of an HB Vintage cab. It was cheaper than buying 2 new raw V30s

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 6:22 PM
  2. Calebz

Calebz Member

3. Nick Fotis

Nick Fotis Member

Indeed, these HB Vintage (vertical) cabs are so cheap, it's like buying a pair of V30s and getting the cab for free. To tell the truth, it's overkill for bedroom practice...

I am even thinking about using that combination as a practice amp for dabbling in an electric bass (I know, 15" cabs are better in handling the low end, but there's not much room for adding another amp/cab)

Cheers,
    N.F.

4. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

Wait till the end, I did this thru a Blues JR cab with a greenback and lots of reverb to bother u all, lol.

Calebz likes this.
  5. Calebz

Calebz Member

Nice

I don't use a lot of effects with my band. So I'm a huge fan of using too much reverb at home :D

macmax77 likes this.
  6. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

it was actually a bit of delay and a Timmy. Mexican Strat

Calebz likes this.
  7. PremiumPlus

PremiumPlus Member

UPDATE! So a couple of days ago I dug out my JaCkMan and plugged it in, played for about 10 minutes and it died. I reached out to the seller on Reverb and they referred me to Joyo who promptly worked with me to send me a prepaid return label and promised to ship me a new amp. This is with an amp that is over 5 months old. I'm pretty impressed with that kind of customer service. They're great sounding little amps and they do stand behind their product.

Calebz likes this.
  8. Calebz

Calebz Member

Damn. Sorry to hear it died. Glad to hear they're taking care of you.

Mine have new holes in the bodies and non-factory wiring. I don't think I could bring myself to call for warranty service if one let its magic smoke out... lol

PremiumPlus likes this.
  9. Nick Fotis

Nick Fotis Member

Saddened to hear about that. Are you sure it isn't the preamp tube which expired?

N.F.

10. PremiumPlus

PremiumPlus Member

Entirely possible that it's the tube, but with the bluetooth failure too, I'm just going to send it back and get a new one.