NAD: Komet 60

Thilo278

Hi guys,
I finally found one here in Germany: A Komet 60. I made a little wish of mine come true with this amp! Only took me a few years :)
Ser. No. 097 built in 2001.

Works awesome together with a Fryette Power station also!

Last edited:

dudu

Nice, enjoy your new amp!
Tube wise I settled mine on 6L6s with an 12AT7 for the PI, I like it like that with less gain.

Mejis

Silver Supporting Member
First off - congrats and happy NAD. Those K60s are great! I really like the tuxedo vibe.

Second (and possibly a dumb question), but who's signature is that one in the headshell? I used to have one with that sig and a date, but it doesn't look like the KF chassis signatures/marker. I can see what looks like Hogy's initials on the chassis in the one pic.

Thilo278

I don't know exactly. But my guess is that it's the name of the person who did the quality check of the headshell :)

cvriz

Congrats. Shes a beauty. I have the same signature in mine too. Mike told me its the signature of the person who made the head box. Good luck, happy holidays.

Leftyman

Platinum Supporting Member
My favorite amp I have ever owned was a Concorde. Sold it due to the volume and no effects loop issues however, that was before the Power Station. Makes me want to try one again. I have heard nothing but good things about the K60. Not as much gain as the Concorde, but more versatile and better cleans. Being able to use different power tubes is a bonus.

mscotts

What?!
Gold Supporting Member
Looks exactly like mine! I have tuxedo K60 #88.
Absolute beast of an amp...Congrats and enjoy!

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Early K60s like yours have the Mallory parts. Very nice. Loved mine. Monster of an amp

SReynolds

Silver Supporting Member
I've had 3-K60s, 1 Concord, and 1 Hybrid. The K-60 is my all time favorite ever and now with the Fryette Power Station available its back on my radar (big time). Killer amp! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Roe

hogy

First off - congrats and happy NAD. Those K60s are great! I really like the tuxedo vibe.

Second (and possibly a dumb question), but who's signature is that one in the headshell? I used to have one with that sig and a date, but it doesn't look like the KF chassis signatures/marker. I can see what looks like Hogy's initials on the chassis in the one pic.

That signature belongs to Raymond Fryoux. Ray used to work at Komet at the time, he did the Tolex work.

Trending Topics