NAD: Laney Lionheart L5T-112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bluescube, Aug 14, 2019 at 7:09 AM.

1. bluescube

bluescube Member

I've been wanting one of these for years. Seemed like the perfect home tube amp. I had a Laney VC15 before and stupidly sold it. Anyways, Amazon has these at $925 now, but for one day the price dropped to $552.40 !!!. So I hit the buy it button. Going to sell off some pedals and maybe my Blackstar Artist 15 amp.

The Class A 5W EL84 power section is perfect for home use. I can get good tones at any volume. If I want to push the EL84 power section, I can do so without it being stupid loud. The clean channel breaks up nice when cranked. The reverb is "ok" and useable, but it's no spring reverb. The Blackstar's digital verb is better.

Both the Laney and my Blackstar have Celestion G12H30 Anniversary speakers. The Blackstar with it's 6L6 power tubes has a more Blackface tone and has deeper bass than the Laney. The Laney stomps all over the Blackstar with it's drive channel. Classic rock tones. The Artist 15 is more a clean-ish amp that needs pedals for good drive tones.

Happy Camper! :banana:banana:banana

2. bluescube

bluescube Member

Love the built-in kickstand too!

3. scott58

scott58 Member

Congrats! Had mine for over a year. I agree with your take on the reverb (sounds alot better with my Wampler Ethereal), but it's usable. I needed my Wampler on my Valve Jr so I stay with Laney reverb. The only 2 pedals I have on it are a Big Muff Pi and H2O chorus echo. For me that's all it needs. Love this amp and boy is it blue!

4. bluescube

bluescube Member

I have my Lovepedal Echophonic in the loop. Out front I have my Saucy Box, Lovepedal Valve Reamer and Lovepedal MKIII Tonebender.

Saucy Box: Clean channel light grit.
    Valve Reamer: Boost the drive channel.
    MKIII: Fuzztones

5. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist

I think that was the one I played one a whilst back and it was killer! Congrats!

~ss

6. SmartAlex

SmartAlex Supporting Member

Looks great, congrats!

Does it get super saturated or pushed/OD crunch on the gain channel?