• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NAD Li'l Dawg 6G2 Lunchbox #1

Darkness

Long story short, a few weeks ago a fellow gearpage'er posted a 6G2 brown princeton in the emporium that really got me interested in the circuit. After a bit of research, I decided that I had to have one. I absolutely love my *Dawg D-Lux, so I asked Jim if he would build me a lunchbox version of the brown princeton circuit.
Well, I got it in yesterday, and I have to say Jim has knocked it out of the park again. The tremolo on this circuit is so intense. It's almost as if the amp is circling around your head. I love that you can feel the low end fullness of the tweed circuits, but there is a tight dynamic that let's you know this is truly a different beast. As you can tell, I'm extremely pleased with Jim's take on this circuit. The workmanship is the usual stellar stuff found in all dawg amps. This circuit is just too cool. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants many of the sweet qualities of tweeds and blackfaces rolled into one awesome amp. Mine is 25watts with fixed bias that will run 6V6 and 6L6. I've not tried it with 6L6 yet.

Last edited:

Porklash

I've got a "Chocodawg" and can just agree with all Darkness said.

To me it's the perfect sound between Blackface and Tweed.

Now I want a "Mutt".

pEr

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
As a life long fan of the 6G2 circuit and one who frequently gigs with my brownface Princeton, all I can say is..:worthless
AND:clips

Hey Darkness!
I just got my heavily tweaked Li'l Dawg D-lux and am waiting on my champster from Jim. It will be my 4th Li'l Dawg build. If you email the pics that Jim sent you, I'll post them on a host site and put them up for you if you'd like. I'm interested in seeing this build too!

Darkness

I emailed a few pics to you. Thanks for volunteering to post them. By the way, the knob and jewel color choice is my tribute to Kermit!

nasonm

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, this isn't helping me at all!!!! I love my D-Lux Lunchbox and was toying with the idea of selling/trading up to a 6G3. Maybe that's the route I should consider?

VintageKnob

Silver Supporting Member
I finally got my iso crate set up, so I hope to have clips of my 5 different dawg's up soon.

So far I've only done some recording with my Pug into a EVM12L and it's great, big fun in the headphones.

I've got:

5 watt Champ 1x12
12 watt 5E3
25 watt 5E3 (type) w/ Paul-C and tone mods
18 watt Pug head
5 watt Mutt head

Lot's of new clips to get rockin' on.

You've got me gasin' for a brown now.

Love them Dawgs!

- Cya Don

Darkness

This amp continues to stun me. I never really cared for tremolo until now. It's so organic on this circuit. Fun. Fun. Fun. My D-Lux is getting jealous.

mackaygtrs

Long story short, a few weeks ago a fellow gearpage'er posted a 6G2 brown princeton in the emporium that really got me interested in the circuit. After a bit of research, I decided that I had to have one. I absolutely love my *Dawg D-Lux, so I asked Jim if he would build me a lunchbox version of the brown princeton circuit.
Well, I got it in yesterday, and I have to say Jim has knocked it out of the park again. The tremolo on this circuit is so intense. It's almost as if the amp is circling around your head. I love that you can feel the low end fullness of the tweed circuits, but there is a tight dynamic that let's you know this is truly a different beast. As you can tell, I'm extremely pleased with Jim's take on this circuit. The workmanship is the usual stellar stuff found in all dawg amps. This circuit is just too cool. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants many of the sweet qualities of tweeds and blackfaces rolled into one awesome amp. Mine is 25watts with fixed bias that will run 6V6 and 6L6. I've not tried it with 6L6 yet.
I would love to know more about this 6G2 brown princeton!!!! :dude

Trending Topics

Top Bottom