• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NAD: Marhall Mini Silver Jubilee 2525C!

manimal

Yes! I bit the bullet and got something I TRULY wanted hahaha, despite being wayyyy over my initial "budget", and actually having way fewer "features" than I was looking for.
The size, weight, SOUND, and flexibility, and quality of this unit won out for me in the end. Just made sense. Instead of turning clean amps into Marshally sounding amps, or high gain amps into Marshally sounding amps....I bought a high gain Marshall that also sounds fantastic clean. As much preamp or power amp gain as you could want...and at pretty much any volume level. Effects loop as well. And yeah....is there a better looking combo out there? I don't really think so in my opinion hahaha! But that's not what matters most.
Wow what an amp, I'm impressed! I highly recommend!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x1024.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x1024.

manimal

Can't believe this amp!!! Loves a Soul Food with a strat, Ibanez RG prestige straight up, LP is great too of course..

dacula789

Silver Supporting Member
I purchased mine several weeks back and get inspired every time I play it. With a strat its magic and Trower/Hendrix never sounded better. With the LP, Page to ZZ come alive big time. All guitars shine through, albeit with minor eq tweaks. Going to be selling off the DSL 40 and Vox AC15 custom, both good amps but pale in comparison. I think the 2525c has cured the old amp gas. Fixin to see how the Guru 1959 matched with a Fender Bassman 59 ltd compares.

Deluzion

I must have had a bad one, couldnt send it back fast enough, super bright, tinny and beehive distortion and sterile cleans. Was dissapointed as i love that John Frusciante jube tone.
Glad you enjoy yours.

manimal

Could be possibly!
It could have been fine too but not what you were looking for. When I first got back in the tube amp back in 07 or so, strictly playing at home and no recording...and with better hearing (oops!), I could not stand playing through Marshall amps. Every time I plugged in at a store I couldn't shut it off fast enough. The brightness and the cut in the grind was offputting to me. I gravitated towards Orange amps because of how fat and dark they sounded at low to medium volume level. I still do like orange pretty much but I don't own any anymore. As I started to get back into the studio and record, Play at higher volume levels, I started to really want a little bit more balanced gain tone. More cut, more brightness to separate from the bass. That "Kerrang". Relentless crunch....
I've found that the presence doesn't need to up much, depends on overall volume of course. Higher the volume the less presence I need. You really don't need to jack the input gain knob too much. Two thirds of the way for high gain is fine. Depending on guitar of course. Then the output master is key when I Justin how much fullness and overall volume you want in tandem with the master volume. Everything about this amp including the clean channel is highly impressive for what I was hoping for and what I need. I really think that output master knob is the key overall.
I'm sorry this amp did not work out for you!

Congrats!! How do you feel the low power mode works? Does it shave off a decent amount of volume while retaining good tone on the overdrive channel?

I'm hearing some reviews that its got to be loud to get it to sound good and the pro YouTube reviews all have the amp jacked to the gills in the clips.

Of course getting the overall volume is going to help any tube amp but I've played many amps that did JUST fine very quiet and I'm hopeful this amp will be able to accomplish this relatively well. I've got the head on the way!

manimal

Congrats! How does it work/can it be used as a channel switcher?
jpage...I remember seeing before that you had an Archon 25.
I could have bought this amp as well, the same shop had it in stock and right next to the Jubilee. I will say that the archon is probably a better overall channel switcher, separate EQ's are great. Great cleans on that amp up to crushing high gain on tap as you well know. Tighter gain than the Jub too.
BUT, this Marshall sounded way more "alive" to me, has way more of a blues to crunch to medium to high-gain range in it than the Archon...And that is regardless of whether you have the amp set on a desired gain range or have the gain jacked higher and you clean up the signal with your guitar volume pot. Also has way less of a honky or woofy tone. The mids can be dialed in and out of this Marshall way better than others I've played. I had a DSL 50 head that was a great amp but it was either mids or devastating mids. Clean channel has a 3D sparkle to it that is really surprising.
So I recommend this amp highly unless you are looking for a polished out of the box tight modern toned amp. This Jubilee nails the iconic Marshall sound...hot-rodded level included. Tightens up with a pedal just fine.

manimal

Congrats!! How do you feel the low power mode works? Does it shave off a decent amount of volume while retaining good tone on the overdrive channel?

I'm hearing some reviews that its got to be loud to get it to sound good and the pro YouTube reviews all have the amp jacked to the gills in the clips.

Of course getting the overall volume is going to help any tube amp but I've played many amps that did JUST fine very quiet and I'm hopeful this amp will be able to accomplish this relatively well. I've got the head on the way!
Hey congrats on the incoming purchase!
The Low Power mode absolutely shaves off a lot of volume in my opinion! Impressively so! Really, the key with this amp on Low Power Mode is to work the master volume knob and the output master knob off of each other. Adjust the master first, then dial in/up the master output knob right next to it. At a certain point you'll notice a lot of fullness back into the signal...volume will start to increase too. Once that happens, dial down the master a little bit from there. The presence knob is key there too. Helps keep the amp present and cutting without harshness at those lower volumes. Lots of bass at low volume is great too. But as you know, when you are in a situation where you can open the amp up you won't need as much bass dialed in at all. I truly think this amp is a homerun and I think you will enjoy it!

jpage

Hey thanks!!
Yeah it sure can! The key is volume. When it's opened up a bit that's when the volumes level out.
That's great to hear
I will say that the archon is probably a better overall channel switcher, separate EQ's are great. Great cleans on that amp up to crushing high gain on tap as you well know. Tighter gain than the Jub too.
I sold the Archon 25--I just need more power. I am looking at a RI Jub or a Runt right now. Would you say that the Mini Jub can hang with a loud drummer?
Thanks for the feedback!

lowpaygigs

That's great to hear

I sold the Archon 25--I just need more power. I am looking at a RI Jub or a Runt right now. Would you say that the Mini Jub can hang with a loud drummer?
Thanks for the feedback!
Again if you are sticking a smaller amp on the floor when the drummer is loud, no dice. It is as loud as the archon. Get an amp stand. Put it on a chair. Bigger amp.

manimal

That's great to hear

Thanks for the feedback!
Hmmm I know that it could be heard with most drummers, and obviously mic'd...
But yeah it's really the same volume as the Archon I'd say, but I'd have to think it slices through better. Head through a 2x12 would prob be better.
In case of needing more juice for drums in the future...and saving money Hahahaha....I was potentially going to pull the trigger on the Fender Bassbreaker 45 2x12 combo at $999. Didn't get to see it or play it didn't get to see it or play though and I knew I had to buy the Jub as soon as I started Riffin'! I'll cross that volume with drums issue if and when I get to it hahaha!!

Last edited:

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Sorry I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to the Jubilee. So is it basically a 2203/4 circuit until you switch in the diode boost?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom