NAD: Mesa 5:25 Express+

dilznik

I've been thinking about getting a Mesa for a long time because (please don't laugh) I loved the sounds the sims in Guitar Rig. But every time I actually tried to dial in a Mesa at Guitar Denter (who were never any help) I always just gave up and left.
I finally saw the new Express Plus amps and was blown away by how easy it was to find a good sound on every channel. This was the one, finally! I found a "demo" head on Sweetwater and immediately bought it. Not a scratch on it. This thing is awesome and I'm glad I waited this long to get one since now I'm guaranteed no buyer's remorse.

Now to figure out how to tell my wife... :eek:

ledzep618

Why would anyone laugh at a Mesa? They're killer amps, some of the best out there. Welcome to the club. I've had a 5:50+, RA-100, Mark III and Single Rectifier. Still have the Recto and love it. Should've kept all of them though.

Would love a MkV. You should try a big tube Mesa sometime

forum_crawler

Exactly. Perhaps this time you dialed it with your ears? Not giving you a hard time but all Mesas use the same type of dialing philosophy.

Anyway, good for you that you found an amp that you really like. Mesas are awesome amps :)

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
Congrats bro! I just picked up a used express 5 50 combo a couple of months ago and really dig it! The express series are some sweeeeeeet amps, especially considering their price. One thing that I'm starting to really enjoy with mine is experimenting with unusual settings on the different channels, like using the burn channel for low gain ect. There's a ton of tones that you can get out of them. Enjoy!

dilznik

Exactly. Perhaps this time you dialed it with your ears? Not giving you a hard time but all Mesas use the same type of dialing philosophy.
Ah ha! When I tried them before I just dialed with no particular starting point and the sales help to point me in the right direction. And my short attention span makes me give up on anything I can't do within 10 minutes.

But then I started from the settings in the manual that say "instant gratification" and went from there. Wow, what a difference. Those settings were awesome and then after I got mine and then read the effing manual and saw what they said about the settings it was just a crazy good experience! I'm obviously still playing and looking for my sound, but it's a whole lot more fun when you know where to start.

JackStraw12

I have that exact amp as well! Great tones to be had, I started using the green channel for gainy stuff and the red for clean, and to be honest I actually like it much better for low volume bedroom tones! Sweet amp for sure though. Congrats!

Trending Topics