• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

NAD: Mesa Boogie Mark V

Christos rock

Congratulations my friend! This amp is a keeper.
Now, sell the peavey and buy the Mesa Dual Rectifier multiwatt ;) and you are pretty much covered from everything Mesa.

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not into high gain, never owned a Mesa in my life and I've only ever owned single channel amps but for some reason I want one of these.
Mesa amps do so much more than high gain. You need to crank the gain to get great sounds.

Jabby92

Great amp for sure. I have a Mesa Dual Rec multiwatt and its been easily the best tube amp I have ever owned and I keep finding new sounds all the time. I've often thought of eventually adding a Mark to the collection but I'm not even sure if I need it. It would be nice to have the alternate clean modes on the Mark has as well as the Crunch and Mark 1 modes.

Congrats on getting your amp, definitely a good investment for a lifetime really.

LaXu

St. Rock React:IR
Great loadbox!

I had a Suhr RL, no IR version, here is the short test:
Guitar 1 - React:IR, then Suhr
Guitar 2 - Suhr, then React:IR
Also there are WAVs without IRs, so you can try your own
Thanks for the clips! I got some pretty beefy sounds running your DI clips through the MIKKO cab sim plugin and the Essentials pack cabs.

Can't really tell any significant difference to Suhr RL and this unit is priced pretty nicely for Europe. I have stumbled upon this earlier and the short 1 year warranty as well as not knowing how well this performs gave me pause. My Bluetone Loadbox has a 10 year warranty by comparison.

For the IR part my only complaint is the lack of a room reverb as that is nice for headphone use. Not an issue if you run into a DAW as you can just load a plugin but would be nice if you just want to use the unit by itself.

Can you silence the cab just by turning the attenuation to minimum so you don't have to unplug a cab if you want to just use it direct?

How's the attenuator on this thing? Some YouTube video said it drops about 21 dB right from the start and there is limited range for adjustment. With my current amps 20 dB is a bit quiet in some cases, my Bluetone does 20, 15 and 12 dB attenuation.

Last edited:

RFire

How's the attenuator on this thing? Some YouTube video said it drops about 21 dB right from the start and there is limited range for adjustment. With my current amps 20 dB is a bit quiet in some cases, my Bluetone does 20, 15 and 12 dB attenuation.
I know that they have changed the attenuator in the latest version, so it should have more volume range than before. Better ask the manufacturer.
For me personally - the quiter the better, because I run my peavy on 3 :D and I get a nice bedroom-level volume with the attenuator.

Christos rock

Great amp for sure. I have a Mesa Dual Rec multiwatt and its been easily the best tube amp I have ever owned and I keep finding new sounds all the time. I've often thought of eventually adding a Mark to the collection but I'm not even sure if I need it. It would be nice to have the alternate clean modes on the Mark has as well as the Crunch and Mark 1 modes.
Hahaha. This is exactly the reason why I have both :aok

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I don't own one but it's probably my next amp. I played one for a while at my friend's house Nad it does it all from blues to jazz to classic rock to doom and metal. I loved how I could do Fender clean, mimic a Bogner Ecstacy on the Crunch mode and switch to brutal heavy on Extreme.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom