• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NAD - Mesa Mark 5 25

gearo999

This head is very cool. This is the first Mesa I owned since 2003 (Triple Rec). It took about 15 min to dial in the six different modes and settling on two. My ears are tuned to Marshall mids so I had to keep in mind that I can't get that sound and enjoy those low mids. The same with the cleans. It doesn't sound like Marshall or Fender, but it does sound good. There is a ton of sounds to be had and I think it can create tones that would compete most amps on the market (at any price) and better than most in the sub $1300 range. No pedals needed to shred. The amp flows under the fingers. After about an hour of playing, I decided to keep it. It is a giggable amp and all that would be needed is a tuner but I plan on using the GT-100 in the 4CM. I need to get the matching 1x12. In buying this amp, I tried out the Blackstar line, EVH 1x12, Peavey 1x12s and a few others while searching for a physically smaller gigging rig. They are not even in the same class (IMO). I will post some clips in a few weeks.

yell03

This head is very cool. This is the first Mesa I owned since 2003 (Triple Rec). It took about 15 min to dial in the six different modes and settling on two. My ears are tuned to Marshall mids so I had to keep in mind that I can't get that sound and enjoy those low mids. The same with the cleans. It doesn't sound like Marshall or Fender, but it does sound good. There is a ton of sounds to be had and I think it can create tones that would compete most amps on the market (at any price) and better than most in the sub $1300 range. No pedals needed to shred. The amp flows under the fingers. After about an hour of playing, I decided to keep it. It is a giggable amp and all that would be needed is a tuner but I plan on using the GT-100 in the 4CM. I need to get the matching 1x12. In buying this amp, I tried out the Blackstar line, EVH 1x12, Peavey 1x12s and a few others while searching for a physically smaller gigging rig. They are not even in the same class (IMO). I will post some clips in a few weeks.
Happy NAD!

I have definitely had the Mark V 25 on my radar.
My DSL40C is a bit large for just grab and go and my DSL15C is more of my bedroom amp.
The Mark V 25 would be a perfect middle ground with a small 1x12 cabinet.

I've also thought about the Peavey 6505 Mini, but I need nice cleans.

Trending Topics