NAD - Mesa Mark 5 25

gearo999

This head is very cool. This is the first Mesa I owned since 2003 (Triple Rec). It took about 15 min to dial in the six different modes and settling on two. My ears are tuned to Marshall mids so I had to keep in mind that I can't get that sound and enjoy those low mids. The same with the cleans. It doesn't sound like Marshall or Fender, but it does sound good. There is a ton of sounds to be had and I think it can create tones that would compete most amps on the market (at any price) and better than most in the sub $1300 range. No pedals needed to shred. The amp flows under the fingers. After about an hour of playing, I decided to keep it. It is a giggable amp and all that would be needed is a tuner but I plan on using the GT-100 in the 4CM. I need to get the matching 1x12. In buying this amp, I tried out the Blackstar line, EVH 1x12, Peavey 1x12s and a few others while searching for a physically smaller gigging rig. They are not even in the same class (IMO). I will post some clips in a few weeks.

yell03

This head is very cool. This is the first Mesa I owned since 2003 (Triple Rec). It took about 15 min to dial in the six different modes and settling on two. My ears are tuned to Marshall mids so I had to keep in mind that I can't get that sound and enjoy those low mids. The same with the cleans. It doesn't sound like Marshall or Fender, but it does sound good. There is a ton of sounds to be had and I think it can create tones that would compete most amps on the market (at any price) and better than most in the sub $1300 range. No pedals needed to shred. The amp flows under the fingers. After about an hour of playing, I decided to keep it. It is a giggable amp and all that would be needed is a tuner but I plan on using the GT-100 in the 4CM. I need to get the matching 1x12. In buying this amp, I tried out the Blackstar line, EVH 1x12, Peavey 1x12s and a few others while searching for a physically smaller gigging rig. They are not even in the same class (IMO). I will post some clips in a few weeks.

Happy NAD!

I have definitely had the Mark V 25 on my radar.
My DSL40C is a bit large for just grab and go and my DSL15C is more of my bedroom amp.
The Mark V 25 would be a perfect middle ground with a small 1x12 cabinet.

I've also thought about the Peavey 6505 Mini, but I need nice cleans.

Top Bottom