NAD - Morris Perplex'd

gtrs

Silver Supporting Member
Has anyone had noise issues when using a delay in the FX Loop?
None of my pedals sit on top of the amp BTW.
Tried different cables.
Tried swapping tubes.
Tried El Cap, Brigadier, H9, Mad Professor DBD.......all add quite a bit of noise.
When I plug the exact same setup into either my RedPlate Magica or Metropoulos MetroPlex I have zero noise issues.

What gives????

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
What kind of noise? Hissing? I had noise with my FX8 but not my pedal board. I was going to buy a Humbuster cable for the FX8 but ended up selling it.

gtrs

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, using the new Strymon stuff and the provided PSU with the H9.

bbaug14

Silver Supporting Member
Make sure your send and return cables aren't near a power supply or wall wart. That can induce noise.

gtrs

Silver Supporting Member
Well, if I’m picking up noise with isolated power supplies using either Vovox or Lava ELC’s (both were noisy too) cables then what hot mess am I going to run into at a gig?

This amp is UNBELIEVABLE in every way otherwise.

bbaug14

Silver Supporting Member
With my pedal board, I would get noise if the cables for the loop were close to the A/C adapters for some of my pedals. Moved the cables and was noise free. Never had an issue are a show either.

gtrs

Silver Supporting Member
With my pedal board, I would get noise if the cables for the loop were close to the A/C adapters for some of my pedals. Moved the cables and was noise free. Never had an issue are a show either.
How close to the A/C adapters?
What do you have running in your Loop?

bbaug14

Silver Supporting Member
How close to the A/C adapters?
What do you have running in your Loop?

I run a delay, chorus, solo boost, and another chorus (for a singular effect). If I run my cables about 1" from the A/C adapters, I get some noise induced through the cables. I know run them toward the bottom of the pedals and get no noticeable noise.

spyeman

Anyone have any boost or overdrive pedals they like with the Perplex'd? So far I have found a Morning Glory works well to add a bit of hair to the clean channel, and Koko Boost works well to add a bit of volume or mids to the dirt channels. Anyone else have any suggestions or something that works well?

gtrs

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone have any boost or overdrive pedals they like with the Perplex'd? So far I have found a Morning Glory works well to add a bit of hair to the clean channel, and Koko Boost works well to add a bit of volume or mids to the dirt channels. Anyone else have any suggestions or something that works well?
Timmy, Naga Viper, Mythical OD, FatBoost (v1), Centura, EP Boost all work well and do different things. I have them all and can honestly recommend any of them.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Update:
My amp is almost done and Glen has been posting clips of it on instagram:
I believe these clips are made with "my" amp :dude

oh man, the tones!! i'll be receiving it next week, cant wait!!

What'd you think of your new amp?
Eric

Plexi68

I run an EP Booster in the loop in conjunction with a Schaffer Replica kicking the front end of my GCM-008....sounds killer! Rocket Archer sounds good too but I don’t use it much.

gtrs

Silver Supporting Member
I should have mentioned that running a Chase Tone Secret Pre as last pedal into the Perplex’D is an eye opening experience. It’s a MUST HAVE in my rig now.

erikm5150

What'd you think of your new amp?
Eric

The amp is awesome! Everything I've always wanted in a M style single channel amp.
Gain is nice and thick, but really clear and cuts in the mix as good as any... cleanup with the volume knob is excellent.
Got it last Thursday, and used it on shows on Friday and Saturday. The soundguy at the venue (who I've worked with countless times before) told me that it sounded as good as any amp he has heard in that venue.
Have 2 more shows this weekend... I'll try to get some video.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
The amp is awesome! Everything I've always wanted in a M style single channel amp.
Gain is nice and thick, but really clear and cuts in the mix as good as any... cleanup with the volume knob is excellent.
Got it last Thursday, and used it on shows on Friday and Saturday. The soundguy at the venue (who I've worked with countless times before) told me that it sounded as good as any amp he has heard in that venue.
Have 2 more shows this weekend... I'll try to get some video.

Damn! Great to hear that.. Not great for me to read this stuff though as my amps take up 3-4 rooms in my house already! Would love to see some video if you end up getting any!

Eric

Trending Topics

Top Bottom