NAD Orange Rockerverb MKIII

Goldie Glocks

So far, I love it. Great clean channel, good Crunch and the high gain settings are excellent. Very clear and smooth. I wanted something a little different than the Marshall flavor of my Splawn and Budda amps and I have been interested in Orange for a while. I used to have the 30 watt Dual Terror and really liked it but needed a little more power. While it's still really new to me (I bought it brand new for $400 off MSRP), so far it seems like a keeper.

20220408_120228.jpg

j_el_jee

I've never really paid attention to Orange, but heard a few clips recently that caught my ear. A quick search lead me to the Rockerverb Mkiii clips and... wow! I really like that gain. I'm not a clean player but I even like what I'm hearing on that channel as well. I've got a Helios, and that isn't going anywhere, but interested in adding something that sounds a bit different, like you.

Where did you get it? Your comment on $400 of MSRP is confusing, Sweetwater has it listed for $850 off MSRP.

Senor Forum

Platinum Supporting Member
I've never really paid attention to Orange, but heard a few clips recently that caught my ear. A quick search lead me to the Rockerverb Mkiii clips and... wow! I really like that gain. I'm not a clean player but I even like what I'm hearing on that channel as well. I've got a Helios, and that isn't going anywhere, but interested in adding something that sounds a bit different, like you.

Did you get a 50 or 100?

Where did you get it? Your comment on $400 of MSRP is confusing, Sweetwater has it listed for $850 off MSRP (for the 100 watt).

I’m guessing he got the 50 due to the giant 50 on the front of the head. :O

Goldie Glocks

Where did you get it? Your comment on $400 of MSRP is confusing, Sweetwater has it listed for $850 off MSRP.
Sweetwater has it listed for 2149. I paid 1750 after tax and all that. I got it from ProAudio via Reverb

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
So far, I love it. Great clean channel, good Crunch and the high gain settings are excellent. Very clear and smooth. I wanted something a little different than the Marshall flavor of my Splawn and Budda amps and I have been interested in Orange for a while. I used to have the 30 watt Dual Terror and really liked it but needed a little more power. While it's still really new to me (I bought it brand new for $400 off MSRP), so far it seems like a keeper.

View attachment 565211
I sent mine back but will get another soon.
Only reason I sent mine back is because I decided to pay my car in full and that was first.

I loved the clean channel on it, super good!
Then those sounds close to breaking, super cool amp!

Jstarr

Congrats! Cool amps, I've had mine for just shy of a year now and still love everything about it. Enjoy!

Kevi

Have the same head with an Orange 4x12. It’s tough to beat And a joy to play with all styles. Pairs with my RO and ‘62 CS Tele perfectly.

Carmeg

Love these and used to window shop for orange amps all of the time. Orange amplifiers always have a unique mid focus to their gain and I have always associated them with a fuzzy gain structure that is thicker than glue. The aesthetic vision of Orange is always killer cosmetically especially in that black head shell. Happy NAD use it in good health!

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats, I'd love to try the MKIII, I had the MKI and didn't love it but I really like my OR15. I agree, it's a nice contrast to my Splawns.

speedtaco

I picked up a rockerverb 50 MK III off of my local craigslist about five months ago. I actually bought it to use with a Carvin 412 cabinet that used to belong to Frank Zappa. The head came with an orange 212 cabinet. I figured I would sell the orange cabinet to help offset the cost of the head and just play through the Zappa cabinet. It sounds great through the Carvin, but then I made the mistake of plugging into the orange 212. geez what a sound! my bandmates flipped over it, and the drummer can’t stop raving about that combo.
I’ve spent the majority of my playing career plugged into blackface fenders. I Love reverb hence the rockerverb. It’s a versatile amazing amp. Great cleans, and a wonderful overdrive channel. I held a charity event this past weekend and that amp was the back line. Nothing but great feedback from all the guitarists that plugged into it. Highly recommended

speedtaco

I will add, that the rockerverb does not have the sponginess of a fender amp if that makes sense. It’s much more immediate and responsive to your picking. The mids and highs on the amp are great. My drummer said it was the first time he could really hear my Les Paul.

Gentlebear

Silver Supporting Member
I sent mine back but will get another soon.
Only reason I sent mine back is because I decided to pay my car in full and that was first.

I loved the clean channel on it, super good!
Then those sounds close to breaking, super cool amp!
Sent mine back too, cause it wasn’t a great amp.

Top Bottom