NAD: Rocktron Prophesy II

Nazgul666

Just bought this brand new. I know, I should have gotten it used because it's a lot of money for old tech. But I like new stuff.

So I got that and also their new solid state power amp, the Mainline. This is really plug and play. I thought some of the presets were good right out of the box and there really is some punch to it and the power amp is plenty loud enough.

I got it for classic metal and the rhythm and lead sounds are great. I kind of like that 80's processed sound and if you want that, this can do it. My band plays Whitesnake, Night Ranger, Scorpions, Dio, Maiden, Priest, etc. I'm looking forward to trying it at rehearsal. Its just going to be Ground Control Pro and Prophesy and power amp. Simple setup.

Anyone else have?

Phnurt

Moron
Silver Supporting Member
Just bought this brand new. I know, I should have gotten it used because it's a lot of money for old tech. But I like new stuff.

So I got that and also their new solid state power amp, the Mainline. This is really plug and play. I thought some of the presets were good right out of the box and there really is some punch to it and the power amp is plenty loud enough.

I got it for classic metal and the rhythm and lead sounds are great. I kind of like that 80's processed sound and if you want that, this can do it. My band plays Whitesnake, Night Ranger, Scorpions, Dio, Maiden, Priest, etc. I'm looking forward to trying it at rehearsal. Its just going to be Ground Control Pro and Prophesy and power amp. Simple setup.

Anyone else have?
Picking up a mainline next month, but for use with a helix. Been curious about the prophesy for years!

Clips! Or no soup for you! :p

gtr37

I had one of these back in the day
Don't know if your familiar with the Egnater IE4 preamp
But that essentially the 4 voicings they have American clean Texas British crunch
Mega drive
Bruce worked with Rocktron
And was selling their production
Version of IE4 and the prophesy was designed to mimic that along with the Intellifex replifex built in

Jchrisf

Silver Supporting Member
It's funny I posted just last week that an old friend of mine has been using the original Prophesy I since they came out. Only difference is the I was made in USA I believe. He uses it with a Velocity 300 and gets great tones out of it. He convinced me to get a Prophesy I, Velocity 300 and a stereo 4x12 several years ago. He can get any tone out of it he wants but he has known it inside out since the mid to late 90s. I find it hard to configure and don't use it any more.. especially with the new MFX units that are easier to program. Two years ago he bought and Axe FX II and we both played and heard them side by side and the Axe did sound a little better but not much. Roctron was way ahead of their time and it is too bad they couldn't keep the momentum going.

I would have sold you mine for a lot less new :) Glad to see people still have interest in them. They sound great but for someone like me they are hard to program.

One lesson I learned the hard way is the Global Settings don't reset if you reset the Prophesy. I bought mine used and the Global settings were programmed for something totally different than my setup. It sounded terrible. After being frustrated for a long time I actually quit playing for a while. A couple of years later I got the bug again and moved close to the guy that convinced me to get it. I then brought it to him and he figured out the Global settings and it sounded amazing and huge even at tv levels. I nearly quit playing guitar because of it LOL... no point in being frustrated with gear.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
I had one of these back in the day
Don't know if your familiar with the Egnater IE4 preamp
But that essentially the 4 voicings they have American clean Texas British crunch
Mega drive
Bruce worked with Rocktron
And was selling their production
Version of IE4 and the prophesy was designed to mimic that along with the Intellifex replifex built in

Did not know this. Thanks for the 411!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom