NAD. Should i send it back ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by kc_hubbs, May 5, 2015.

1. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

Bought a Mesa Triple Rec a few weeks ago on eBay and it finally came in.

The seller had the amp listed as "Pristine" on the auction. However, upon receiving the amp this morning, ive saw that it is in less than perfect condition.

First, the amp was just put into a box. No packing at all. So when i open the box i have 3 6l6gc tubes worth of broken glass in the box. What i cant understand is how the tube sockets fell out of the head. When ive changed tubes on my amp, the sockets are in there pretty good.

Second, the amp has the front top left corner busted pretty good from being dropped or hit.

Would you guys ask for a refund, or just replace the tubes and not worry about it ?

2. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

How much of a deal did you get for the amp? Triple recs sell all the time for decent prices everywhere, perhaps also close to where you live.

I would demand the cost of a set of power tubes, or a full refund. You would likely enjoy a dual recto just as much, or a tremo/recto-verb.

3. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

what are ppl thinking when they ship stuff this way??:dunno

4. dangeroso

dangeroso Member

Probably was pristine before the bad packing job. No telling what else is wrong.

I would send it back.

5. Bunther

Bunther Member

I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience. The seller sounds like a teenager - completely irresponsible and centered on his own experiences. That would really make me mad. I would consider driving a few hundred miles just to beat the ever-lovin'-crap out of the seller.

6. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

Amp arrived damaged due to sub par packing. Open a dispute and follow ebays instructions.
    You will receive a full refund and should receive the shipping cost back too.
    Take plenty of pics for ebay and the seller.
    The seller will then need to file an insurance claim.

7. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

The amp and thee shipping cost me right around $950. NO footswitch included though.

I get really nervous on how the tubes fell out of their sockets. I didnt think they should be that loose.

I messaged the seller and informed him of the situation. So im wanting to see what they say.

8. DiPa

DiPa Silver Supporting Member

This !

9. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

If the seller won't refund you, file a claim and document the issues. I certainly wouldn't keep an amp that I received in that condition.

10. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

11. NewDr.P

NewDr.P Member

send it back. no telling how much is damaged. something else could surface down the road. get rid of it.

i hope you get a good deal on another one.

ps tubes arent going to fall out of an normal sockets. he most likely (99.999999999% chance) took them out (to be safe?) and put them in the box separately. completely defies logic but there you go.

12. ldizzle

ldizzle Supporting Member

This.

13. Silent Sound

Silent Sound Member

That wasn't a very mature thing to say, now was it?

Anyway, contact the seller and take some pictures. I'd try to get a full refund and send it back or at least a partial refund. But it definitely sounds like you didn't get what you ordered. If you can't get satisfaction from the seller directly, contact eBay, but do it quickly. eBay does a great job of taking care of the buyer, but time is important.

14. Otto Tune

Otto Tune Member

I'd ask for a refund. Then send it back. It's the seller's responsibility to pack the amp so it has a decent chance of surviving. Even if he insured it, the shipper won't pay because he will say it wasn't adequately packed.

If it's not once in a lifetime amp, get what you paid for.

15. garret

garret Member

Of course it's this ^

You really needed to ask for opinions about a product damaged in shipment due to improper packaging...seriously?

16. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

Actually, the 3 tubes that are busted are still inside the amp head. The sockets and a lot of the glass are caught between the front and rear grill of the head.

I was worried about trusting a head that has been that beat up. Its untelling me how much it will cost me down the line.

The more i read, i dont think ill get another recto head. Im thinking Mark IV, or V.

17. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

I did some investigation, and i found out why the tubes are shattered and out of their sockets.

The seller took the screws loose on the bottom of chassis, which caused the actual amp part to slide out and slam into the back grill.

18. R3deemed

R3deemed Member

If it was just tubes, I would ask for the cost of the tubes, but it may well be busted up beyond what you can see. Document w/ pics how you received it. Notify seller and eBay and return it.

19. MmcGrouty

MmcGrouty Silver Supporting Member

Make sure you take pictures of everything. I would definitely send it back, and make him pay for shipping. You can get another one in that price range easily.

20. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

Ive taken tons of photos of it right after i recieved it, and i posted about it about 20mins after USPS showed it as delivered.