NAD: TGP sacrilege

Elric

Silver Supporting Member
OP needs more hot, inexpensive, solid state combo action to not have the title feel click-baity. IMHO.

Came here expecting a Peavey XXL 212 combo, got a TGP-stalwart Peavey Classic tube head instead, in TGP-approved tweed finish, no less. :(

iu

PremiumPlus

I've got a Classic 20 (the old one) combo 1x10 that rocks. Great little amp and hooked up to a big cab it sounds huge.

KFBR392

Silver Supporting Member
Love those Classics.

But that said, Ultimate Guitar called...they want their rig back.
Looool. I remember these were all the rage on UG back when I posted there in my early high school years, I haven’t been there in well over 10 years.

All that being said, rad amp. Don’t forget to grab an ISP Decimator while you’re at it and “post clips” OP

warplanegrey

Silver Supporting Member
Looool. I remember these were all the rage on UG back when I posted there in my early high school years, I haven’t been there in well over 10 years.

All that being said, rad amp. Don’t forget to grab an ISP Decimator while you’re at it and “post clips” OP

And if you're not running a BBE Sonic Maximizer, are you even playing guitar?

How is the Classic 100 working for you now? I have owned one since new - it was my first tube amp. Very capable of some great sounds, but mine has been a reliability nightmare. Once I started gigging with the amp, it caused so many rough nights for me. The head cab is insulated and mine overheated very badly a couple of times to the point where the PCB warped. I now have two cooling fans added to the head and had it converted to run four chassis-mounted 6L6s vs the board-mounted EL84s. Now the board-mounted pots are starting to cause trouble. I only play it at home occasionally for nostalgia now.

If it was socially acceptable I would ensconce myself in tweed

Hnad!!
That’s a Seinfeld reference for the uninitiated :rotflmao
Love the amp. Peavey always made solid stuff. Wish they didn’t downsize as much as they have. Their stuff from amps to guitars has always been solid.

OP needs more hot, inexpensive, solid state combo action to not have the title feel click-baity. IMHO.

Came here expecting a Peavey XXL 212 combo, got a TGP-stalwart Peavey Classic tube head instead, in TGP-approved tweed finish, no less. :(

iu
Those XXL amps were so awesome. I loved them.

Lt Dak

Hillbilly Ron Swanson
Silver Supporting Member
My first tube amp was a classic 100 head. I bought around 1997 or so. I paired it with a 1980s Marshall 4x12. Killer setup.

I had a hard time letting it go, but finally consigned it a few weeks ago. It served me well.

Top Bottom