• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NAD: Todd Sharp, Simply Amazing

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
Hey Mike!

I've heard nothing but great things about those amps from Mark and Dana. I'll have to check one out one of these days. Congrats to you!

highgeer

Gold Supporting Member
Thx guys.
Joat 20
Sounds great with both single coils and humbuckers.
The different inputs are tailored to different pickup type,and the tone knobs, although unconventional, are very effective.

Mike

Last edited:

highgeer

Gold Supporting Member
Hey Mike!

I've heard nothing but great things about those amps from Mark and Dana. I'll have to check one out one of these days. Congrats to you!
Thx Leon. I am sure you would like it.
Have you played the new small footprint AxeFx?

Mike

RAG7890

Gold Supporting Member
From what I can tell an amazing sounding Amp. Todd's a great player & a nice guy who's very helpful.

Here he is playing a JOAT 20RT, pushing it with a Blackstone Appliances............great playing, tones & Song.

Also Eric having a noodle with a Burst: -

:beer

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Got my JOAT 20 about a month ago, and it is simply amazing.
Perfect volume, holds together at high volume yet sound great at lower volumes.
Everything that I have always wanted a Matchless/Vox to be.

Mike
Looks great, Mike - I bet you're STOKED! I played through several Sharp amps recently, as Leon mentioned. I just love 'em - fantastic machines. I'm trying to decide whether 20w, 30w, or 45w is better for me - leaning toward 30w right now, but they all sound great!

Congrats, and as usual, you're STOKED!

Thanks, Dana O.

Tonekat

That's cool, I recently re-read the interview in VG with the builder, nice to learn they sound as good as they read.

highgeer

Gold Supporting Member
Looks great, Mike - I bet you're STOKED! I played through several Sharp amps recently, as Leon mentioned. I just love 'em - fantastic machines. I'm trying to decide whether 20w, 30w, or 45w is better for me - leaning toward 30w right now, but they all sound great!

Thanks, Dana O.
Thx Dana.
I was debating between the 20 and the 30 as I wanted more clean headroom than the typical 15-20 watt amp. Todd assured me that the 20 seems louder and has more headroom than I would usually think. He was right. I know you ride your guitar’s volume knob, so unless you think you need the headroom, the 20 will probably work. I would sware that mine is about 28-30 watts; it just feels bigger, more punchy/percussive than what you would expect. I do want to play the 30; I think it would be cool if Todd could do the JRT 9/15 thing by enable you to use either pair of tubes or both. So, you could have 15 Watts of 6V6 or EL84 or 30 Watts for both pairs. As a side note, I still want one of Bartel’s amps as well.

jnovac1

Silver Supporting Member

Thanks, Dana O.
yep. the 20 rt is unique. it really seems to be perfect volume wise. lots of balls and punch without sacrificing the beautiful delicate articulate stuff at all. and real easy to dial in if needed. a click here or there, and you’re good to go. 2 blues in the cherry cab. and my god, that reverb...

Trending Topics