NAD Tomorrow

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
Never owned one of these. Naylor Superdrive 60. I'm kind of excited. Worst part is I have the day off. I will probably drink 48 cups of coffee waiting for the brown truck. I can't even think of leaving the house. He/she/it will surely show up while I'm gone.

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
Those are great amps. Played one a long time ago. Looking forward to the full report.

joemiracle220

it never fails you wait around all day . you gota run to the gas station down the road for something, you will be gone for 5 min tops, and you come back to a sticker on your door.

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
So of course I leave the house this morning and the UPS guy came by while I was gone. He never comes before noon. Anyway, the good news is he left it on the porch. They usually don't do that. I am delighted.

So got it unpacked. The seller did a fine job packing (thanks Justin).

Fired the amp up and the Naylor is something else. I don't think there is a bad tone in it. It is eq'd perfectly. Its not the type of amp that will allow you to fake your way through something. Its up and in your face, in a good way. Its has plenty of gain but clear all the way through the spectrum of gain. It never gets fizzy or buzzy. I can tell in just a few minutes that the Naylor will fit in a band situation perfectly. The pre-amp gain has a sound like when you get the power tubes cooking on a good non-master amp. People gush a bit on the master volume and I totally agree. It is by far the most effective master I have heard. Sometimes Master volumes have that "blanket effect" that people talk about. Non of that here. It does come a bit more open as the volume comes up but doesn't have the sudden jump in presence that a Bogner has when you get to the sweet spot.

So far, this one lives up to the hype. Pretty killer amp.

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
I am considering recovering the head shell. Not a big fan of the color. Did I mention that it has KT66s in it?

NaylorStrat

I am glad to see that it made it to you in one piece! I'm also glad to see you like it! I will miss the Naylor, but I think you'll give it a good home...and probably play it more than I have recently. :D

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, thanks for he smooth deal. Looks like you are going to have to change your name now.

sickboy79

Nice score! Looks great! I've never played a Naylor but, hear nothing but good things. Congrats!

effectsman

I'd love to try one. Never seen one here in Australia. I always loved Sam the Man's demos when he had his Naylor.

I'd recover it in red!

Trending Topics