• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NAD: Verellen Skyhammer

darkdaysindeed

Silver Supporting Member
This is a standard Skyhammer: 100W (4 EL34s), 2 foot switchable channels (with a front panel boost switch on the clean channel), pre and post volume controls for each channel and effects loop.

It is thick and loud yet very articulate. There is an absurd amount of gain on the gain channel all the way up to a full wall of fuzz yet it never loses clarity. The clean channel is fantastic. Very woody, dry and organic and the boost switch takes it to plexi territory.

All in all, a great amp. In fact, I'm pretty amazed. It is just what I was looking for to match with my Jaguar. It thickens up the Jag very nicely yet retains the clarity. I really can't recommend Verellen enough.

Pics: https://plus.google.com/photos/1136...ms/5976911930755831153?authkey=CNvWhfyRtI-RAQ

Last edited:

mpsa01

Did you order this as part of Ben's pre-Christmas promotion on his amps?

I am awaiting a Sunn Model T clone, modified a little, to arrive in the next week. SOOO excited.

darkdaysindeed

Silver Supporting Member
Did you order this as part of Ben's pre-Christmas promotion on his amps?

I am awaiting a Sunn Model T clone, modified a little, to arrive in the next week. SOOO excited.
I picked it up used but it is in near mint condition. I've heard great things about his Model T amps.

This thing is dangerous though. It makes me want to get more Verellens.

mpsa01

Ah nice! Saved you a few pennies then.

I've heard good things too, but nothing specific, so I am keen to hear what he's managed to put together for me. Will of course put a photo up here once it's arrived!

What sort of thing are you going to be playing with the Skyhammer then?

darkdaysindeed

Silver Supporting Member
Ah nice! Saved you a few pennies then.

I've heard good things too, but nothing specific, so I am keen to hear what he's managed to put together for me. Will of course put a photo up here once it's arrived!

What sort of thing are you going to be playing with the Skyhammer then?
I'm pretending I'm good at post-metal/rock.

darkdaysindeed

Silver Supporting Member
nice! would love to try one of his amps some day. what cab you playing it through?
Right now a Mojotone Select with a WGS ET65 and Retro 30. However, I picked up an Emperor convertible 2x12 in the emporium (should arrive today) to complete the reclaimed wood look :D

The WGS speakers will be moved to the Emperor.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom