NAD: Vintage Sound Amps Vintage 15 with pics

Badfrog

I already have a PRRI but I'd been wanting to get a clone...... something with more beef and control. After reading nothing but praise for Rick Hayes at VSA I went to Humbucker Music and pulled the trigger on a blonde Vintage 15. I've spent about 5 days with it and love everything about it. More control with the mid knob and reverb dwell control on the back. Better beef with the 12" speaker (WGS G12C/S which is a great choice for Princeton Reverb amps). Lastly it is of course great with OD pedals and the Monsterpiece GE Fuzz is awesome with a Strat and this amp (excellent blues trio IMO).

Excellent and beautiful product by Vintage Sound Amps and great dealings with Humbucker Music (I've bought several items from them lately and they ship ASAP). Here are some pics......

ecbluesman54

Mine was supposed to be delivered Friday, but because of snow, got pushed back until tomorrow. Can't wait to get it. Looking forward to comparing it to my Sportsman which is a 1x10.
I also got mine from Humbucker, and have always had great dealings with them.
Good to hear another good review!
Here's mine....

majorminor

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats. One of the better Princeton style amps out there.

Love to see your comparison to the Carr.

Badfrog

ecbluesman54 - I almost got the Brown Ostrich, very nice looking unit. You should be pleased when the truck shows up tomorrow.

Badfrog

Bump for a little more VSA love. Played it last night just plugged straight in and I've never sounded better.

ecbluesman54

Ughhh, UPS came earlier than usual, so no one was able to sign. Making arrangements to get it today!
Awesome to hear your loving yours!
Did you play it in a band setting or just at home?

Badfrog

Ughhh, UPS came earlier than usual, so no one was able to sign. Making arrangements to get it today!
Awesome to hear your loving yours!
Did you play it in a band setting or just at home?
Just at home so far. I will be a while (too cold) till I can take it over to my BIL's garage to jam.