NAD! Vox! Also cab question!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by xrleroyx, Feb 16, 2015.

1. xrleroyx

xrleroyx Member

Just swapped my Orange 4x12 for this Vox. I couldn't fit the 4x12 in my car, so it had to go. I always seem to come back to Voxes, love how they sound although I'm having trouble EQing a few of my fuzzes especially my vintage op-amp muff. Everything is sounding really bright, but I've also been using a darker voiced amp lately. It'll get there. It's a gorgeous amp, and much more portable than my previous setup.

[​IMG]

Now that my 412 is gone, I need a cab for my Verellen Skyhammer. Think modded Marshall. I had a Mesa 2x12, but I found it to sound too modern and it was way too heavy. I don't need to buy one right now, so I'll say total budget is $500-$700 while I save up some cash.

Really liked how that Orange sounded. Not a HUGE fan of vintage 30's, but that might have just been the mesa cab too. Wouldn't mind something that would look great with my amp too ;)

Here's a pic of the head and the cab I traded.

[​IMG]

2. Nelson89

Nelson89 Member

Didn't the orange have vintage 30s in it as well? Anyway for modded marshall sound i quite like the creamback varieties in a 212 configuration. I currently use the G12M-65s, but you might prefer the sound of the G12H-75 instead. As far as the actual box, you could get something from Avatar with room for the price of speakers (either those or others) in that budget.

3. xrleroyx

xrleroyx Member

The Orange had GT-75's

4. lameburger

lameburger Member

Try one of the newer Orange 2x12s (Vintage 30s). They sound way different than the Mesa cabs.

5. Gretsch&Vox

Gretsch&Vox Member

Congrats.

I had vintage 30s in my AC30 back in 1987, since the Celestion Blues would not be reissued until 1993. Anyway, if you want the classic/vintage/quintessential VOX tone, get a Celestion Blue alnico, though some people are content with the Celestion Greenback.

Enjoy.