NAD! Wowowow! Mesa Mark V

Festus

Gold Supporting Member
I pick it up Monday. I'm stoked (in reference to the IT thread in the Pub)!! I haven't played any Mesa amps for quite some time, and one store where I teach got one in. So yea, the Mark V will do what I need and then some. Whew!

Lef T

I bought a Mark V head and cab last month.
It is luscious.
And then some would be the correct terminology.

Chris6870

Silver Supporting Member
I got the V:25 which left me wanting the Big V. Found a killer deal on CL for one last week and have been glued to it since. Awesome amp.

conrad79

Oh man, great amps! Love mine to death. The trick is not to worry whether the various modes sound exactly like the original amps, and just to enjoy the fire-breathing beast that is the MKV

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
Dude seriously congrats on the Mark V. Just a freaking killer. I'm going to tell you right now of course the drive sounds are great but the cleans are what amazed me about it. Just awesome. Nothing it can't do. Enjoy!

Green Pro Am

Gold Supporting Member
Love my V! I agree with all of the previous comments. It is tough to beat as an all around channel switcher.

Dr.Lee

I am seriously getting the best tones I have ever made coming out of my Mark V. I got mine last summer. I wasn't too sure about it sounding better than my old Mark IV, but after spending serious time with it there is no doubt about it. Even my band mates whom I have been playing with for 18 years have said it's the best tone I have ever gotten! Congrats on the new amp!!!

Hefalump

Played my Mk V for the first time in a long while ( been plying my Marshalls lots), wow, I was blown away at how fricken awesome it sounds!!!

Great amps.

Festus

Gold Supporting Member
Yea, I wish I would have tried the Mark V a long time ago. Chalk it up to switch-o-knob-a-phobia. I do like being to dial up different amps, as it were, and not have to send it off to get modded. It's really not much more complicated than the pedal board that I've been using. I'm actually excited about getting a new amp this time, all giggly and stuff. Not just "New amp. huh. Cool".

No affiliation, btw. Just Stoked.

I was just playing mine early today. Channel 1 is great. That's all that needs to be said.

Channel 2 Crunch is good to me, but it sounds way different at a band volume where the freqs and gain really seem to come alive. It seems to have way more gain at volume than in the bedroom, where it sounds like you have the tone rolled back. It must be the Fletcher-Munson effect, but I think the power section comes into play even if it isn't distorting. After all it's a big amp, and should be pushing some air.. I seem to get more hair on it in 45 watt tube rectifier mode.

The trick with an amp like this is to get your 3 channels to sound balanced when switching back and forth.

I get why people dig the 2C+. On this amp it seems to have a somewhat chewy raw upper mid thing going on, which is more filled out and tighter in Pentode. But it feels more fat and looser to me compared to the Mark IV mode even tho the manual describes the 2C as faster.. The Mark IV mode is King Kong in hugeness if that's how you want it.

Trending Topics