NAD!

navenjohnson

Inventor of the Opti-grab
Carr Skylark

Holy Crap! I'm just getting started with this amp but my first impression is that I don't think there is a bad way to set the knobs on this thing. Amazing cleans, amazing crunch, amazing edge of breakup... Tone stack really changes the nature of this amp and every setting sounds great so far. The reverb is stellar! Attenuator is amazingly transparent. This amp is bad ass! :banana

Looks awesome! What other amps are in your collection? I see a Laney Lionheart and looks to be a Fender of some sort on the left.

navenjohnson

Looks awesome! What other amps are in your collection? I see a Laney Lionheart and looks to be a Fender of some sort on the left.
Combos:
Carr Skylark
Laney Lionheart L5T
Fender '68 custom DR
Peavey Delta Blues 115
Vox AC4 (British Racing Green)
Fishman Loudbox Artist
Fender Mustang III V1

Heads:
H&K Tubemeister 18
Peavey Valveking II 20w micro head
Marshall DSL-1H
Marshall JVM-1H

Cab:
Mesa 212 with Vintage 30's

pdodge77

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats. I reviewed a Skylark a few months ago for Tone Report. Sending it back to Steve was sad... That attenuator is especially nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadams71

It looks likes a great amp. From what I have heard on youtube it sounds great and in person I am sure it is awesome. Not to poo poo it but for the money don't you think it better be an amazing sounding and versatile amp? I would say this goes for any really expensive amp.

navenjohnson

It looks likes a great amp. From what I have heard on youtube it sounds great and in person I am sure it is awesome. Not to poo poo it but for the money don't you think it better be an amazing sounding and versatile amp? I would say this goes for any really expensive amp.
Yes, This is the most money I've spent on an amp and I would/did expect it to be amazing. That said, it's not the most expensive amp I've played on. I've been around town in the shops that sell "boutique" gear and played many different amps in the same price range and to my ears (and hands), this one beats the others I played. I'm not saying this is a better amp than the others because that is subjective, but I do say that for me it's a better amp than the others I tried out. And I'll also say that it lives up to and even exceeds what I expected from the description and videos.

Last edited:

navenjohnson

Congrats. I reviewed a Skylark a few months ago for Tone Report. Sending it back to Steve was sad... That attenuator is especially nice.
Indeed, I've played several amps with attenuators and this is by far the most transparent one I've played on. The others, many being quite effective, always colored the tone to some degree. I have to say the attenuator on this amp really just reduces the volume while preserving the tone. Obviously aspects of the tone that result simply from driving the speaker hard will be lost but that is not jumping out at me on the Skylark.

Big D

Combos:
Carr Skylark
Laney Lionheart L5T
Fender '68 custom DR
Peavey Delta Blues 115
Vox AC4 (British Racing Green)
Fishman Loudbox Artist
Fender Mustang III V1

Heads:
H&K Tubemeister 18
Peavey Valveking II 20w micro head
Marshall DSL-1H
Marshall JVM-1H

Cab:
Mesa 212 with Vintage 30's
I see you have a 68 custom DR. How does it compare to the skylark as far as volume?

Trending Topics