NAD

Discussion in 'Keyboards' started by rsm, Nov 17, 2017.

1. rsm

rsm Member

New Zoom ARQ day (yesterday). I'd forgotten about these, but was reminded of them when I saw that Zoom recently introduced a new lower-priced model, and discovered there's a recent price reduction on the flagship version and a new V2 software release. Comparing the two versions, AR-48 vs AR-96 v2, I purchased the AR-96.

Still in the box, mocking me as more important and immediate life activities conspire to keep me from it. I get to read the manual sporadically, and looking forward to giving it a go, soon!

I have to say, I've not been this excited to get a new piece of gear in a very long time, not since getting a FAS Ultra when they were the flagship.

[​IMG]

anyone else?

xcc likes this.
  2. p.j.

p.j. Member

3. xcc

xcc Supporting Member

How are you liking it? These look interesting, but I’m not sure what all they do.

4. rsm

rsm Member

sounds great, but getting used to the interface will take time for basic proficiency as will the menu navigation. It's much more capable than my Kaossilator, and there's a song mode that lets you chain several patches together and play the parts sequentially or any order, so I can have intro, verse, bridge, chorus parts and switch between them. Very compact unit too. I dig it so far.

Still not sure how I will integrate it into my rig, no room for it on the performance table, and no room for a bigger table! ;)