Name a concert you regret not going to

Lennox Lewis

Nirvana came to Dayton Ohio. I was asked to go and decided to pass and "catch them next time they're close" Kurt died not too long afterwards. :(

sgmarshall

I missed Zeppelin in 1977 because my family moved 2 weeks before the concert, and they had already played Atlanta, would have been my first concert.
I also missed Black Sabbath/ Van Halen in 1978- Bill Wards father had died and they didn't reschedule the show- my ticket was $7.00-of course I was 14, I had to get a refund.

macheesmo3

The Ramones in New Orleans about 8 years ago. I was kinda sick and didn't feel like going..... never got to see them live...

Dasein

This does not compete with the Last Waltz story, but I have always regretted not going to the first Lollapalooza tour in the 90s.
Amazing show -- saw the last show of that tour in Washington state somewhere outside of Seattle. Jane's was electric -- Ice-T and body Count - huge surprise! Henry Rollins literally blasted open that tour - had everybody talking - huge buzz across the fairgrounds. Great memories! Within the span of a single year (like maybe 16 months) saw Jane's play to 50-100 people at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver - later 3K people in a old hockey rink, and finally 30K people on that last show of Lollapalooza.

Sorry you missed the tour - it was great.

Dasein

...I also screwed up badly when Page and Plant returned in '98...I should have gone to see them again, but at that time, I was emersed in college coursework and pretty broke, so I never went. Little did I know then that it was my last chance to see anything that truly resembled Led Zeppelin ever again.
I share your pain (and exact circumstances) for that tour. If I told you I even had an invite through a back channel to the inner sanctum of that tour I'd have to admit it myself and start crying all these years later. THat said I was also pretty depressed and going through a divorce so even though I had a golden pass and a seat at the table I understand how I let that one go. Still stings though.

RSRD

1986 Rush and then the Police. I was 16 and parents wouldnt let me 8(

concert I most regret going to? U2. boooooring. Reminded me of being in line at starbucks. Both the crowd and the backround noise.

jpftribe

1. O2 - Zep, had the money, shoulda went but figured they would do more shows.

2. Pink Floyd Animals tour World Series of Rock in Cleveland. My Mom's cousin offered to take me but she wouldn't let me go. Course I was only 10. :)

aftguitar94

Roger Daltrey just played near me and I read a review that said there were under a thousand people there. Said he came out after the show and signed autographs and talked to everybody. It sucks. I would've loved to get to meet Daltrey.

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
Albert Collins at the Riverfront Blues Festival in WPBch, Florida weeks before he left us.

ropiyas

Toto, back home in 1994, I think. I don't remember what was my idiotic reason for not going.
Robben Ford in Oklahoma City, couple of years ago. Didn't want to do the 2 and a half hour drive.
Jesus...don't wanna even remember it....

Cymbaline

I missed Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour in 1994, and I've been kicking myself ever since.

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Platinum Supporting Member
snowy night in Boston in Dec '78... a buddy calls up wanting to go see the Police at the Rat... I passed 'cos I didn't want to walk a mile through a snowstorm and I wasn't that into "Roxanne" at the time... :eek:

They ended up being my favorite band, but I never did see 'em in their prime, and in 2007 I was in NH when they played in Louisville and in Louisville when they played in Boston. :(

tnvol

Ufologist
I really regret missing Derek Trucks in Nashville on 17 Sep of last year. I was out of town and missed it by 2 days. I was pissed.

joachiml

Another one for Pantera here. Was at the venue for their last Oslo show, but I became sick and had to go home. Should've fought through the flu on that one, but thought, as so many here have thought..."They'll be back at another time, I'll go then."

Trending Topics