• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Name a Guitar Player Whose Style You Can't Stand!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwk302

So we all have guitarists whose style we love and ones we just can't stand listening to. For example, I love listening to Gilmour, all the three Kings of blues, SRV, just to name a few. I can't stand listening to Carlos Santana. Some of EVHs stuff also drive me nuts!!

doc

Silver Supporting Member
Zack Wylde kinda gets on my nerves with the pinch harmonics all the time. I love Danny Gatton, but if I'm in some states of mind I can't take much of it - also kind of rough on the nervous system. Good chunks of the technical metal stuff turns me off - especially the ones with the combo of thin trebley completely overdriven tone and notes whizzing by with no variation in scale, dynamics, or anything else; just a blizzard of meaningless notes.

russiancrowe

Lots of them, but since I don't listen to them I don't know their names. pretty much any jazz or metal player.

(Something)

Of the ones I with whom I have considerable listening experience:
--Joe Bonamassa
--Carlos Santana
--SRV
--Eric Johnson
--EVH

...I'll just be leaving now

voorhiessa

Just about every guitarist with "chops" gets on my nerves after a while. Mike from incubus and Tom from rage against the machine oars my favorites because they seem to meld into the total band sound, rather than stick out

Noise Under The Floor

Platinum Supporting Member
That guy who's almost always in the guitar shop when you go there (usually Guitar Center) who has the amp cranked up louder than everyone and everything else in the store. Doesn't matter what his style is, he's bad, and annoying as all f'ing hell. You know the guy, you've seen him, you know who I'm talking about. ;)

russ6100

Gold Supporting Member
The OP is hoping that someone will mention a player that another member loves fanatically, who will then be supremely offended and rush to his defense. If all goes really well, the whole thing will implode and be rife with personal insults and other such things worthy of craning our collective necks at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics