• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Name some amps that have a built-in attenuator!!

jimmyohio75

Orange Thunderverb
Oh yeah, I forgot about Orange. I used to own a Rocker 30 once upon a time and the dirty channel was badass! Didn't realize the Thunderverb series had built in attenuators. Looking for something I can use for gigs when mic'd.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
Old Carvin XB100s and Lee Jackson designed Ampeg amps both had a type of pseudo attenuator. I owned the Carvin, it worked a little in adding some texture, but nothing like a Hotplate.

stryker59

Silver Supporting Member
i believe the sunn model t that fender reissued a few years ago did, the orange tt....

donnievaz

Fargen Mini-Plex has "Power Scaling". Not exactly attenuation but same end result. Supposedly better.

Yep. I have an Invader MkII which also has it. Don't believe he makes them anymore though as they were not economically viable to produce - need to find them used.
My mk1 has one of the most transparent power scaling's I've heard.

I also give a lot of credit to the orange thunderverb for very good execution also.

Trending Topics