• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Name that Rectifier?

S

Shmerls

Here are some pix of a 5U4 from my Budda Super Drive 30 Series II with no markings anywhere. The handwritten 5U4 on the base is mine.

Anyone recognize it? I'm particularly trying to identify whether it is Chinese stock or not.

http://www.sasnet.com/other/rectifier/

Thanks,
Steven

Blue Strat

Looks Russian to me. You can tell by the rectangular mica spacers near the top of the tube. I haven't seen a US 5U4 that uses those and almost all of the US made 5U4s have id numbers etched into the glass.

S

Shmerls

Thanks Blue Strat,

Scot at Budda is pretty convinced it's Russian too. I've got a GE NOS in there now and will be A/Bing them shortly. Thanks!

gitarzilla

Don't be too disappointed if you don't "hear" a big difference. Part of what you're buying when you buy NOS is the longevity and reliability, especially when it comes to rectifiers.

Trending Topics