Name the most expensive/rare/sought after pedal you own

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by co-intelpro, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. co-intelpro

co-intelpro Member

Just for kicks, please name your most expensive/rare/sought after guitar effect you own...

Mine, right now, is probably the Roland Jet Phaser AP.7 I just picked up. I am sure there are more interesting (and expensive) effects out there owned by other gearheads in gearland.

So, please join in and make the thread interesting, if not just to make others drool over what you got...:RoCkIn

2. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Well, I have a #17 memory lane
    a #073 silver klon with centaur graphic
    a #25 analogman juicer
    but I think these are the coolest looking cot50 and eternity
    [​IMG]

Alas the gear I have sold for these few........

3. eric-d

eric-d Member

My Gold Klon with Centaur Graphic. I don't remember the serial but I got it in 2000. And I have the First Landgraff DO with a Blue LED...

4. mesabooger

mesabooger Member

I have a 60s Fender Fuzz/wah/vol (chrome one) one of my uncles gave me.

5. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Echoczar and Angelbaby!!!

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

IF you want rare then check out this blurry bugger. It can sound like my old zen or a mosferatu to my ears. Depending on where the switches are set.[​IMG]

7. fatback

fatback Member

No crazy big money individual effects, but I've made a few nice mini-collections...

I came close to completing my collection of original t.c. pedals last year. The 7-stage Phaser is the only one I'm missing. The dual-parametric eq has become a permanent part of my home rig and the sustainer is still one of the coolest effect-comps of all times, in my book. The entire line are all very well made pedals and get nice clean and focused sounds. I couldn't get my ears to dig a VDP-1 so I'm just sticking to the old t.c. stuff.

Filling 7 rack spaces, my MXR Pitch Transposer, Ibanez AD-230 analog delay/multi flanger, and Sherman Filter Bank are brimming with strange and wonderful sounds. I got them each in trades years back. None are unobtainium, but they are all very cool and unique units.

I'm looking to soon complete my Moogerfooger collection with their CP-251 Control Processor. Then I'll have the core of a nice desktop, (as in the whole desk!,) Moog modular analog synth.

I've heard some rumblings about new MF boxes at Namm... The ghost of Bob Moog just can't leave my g.a.s. alone.;)

As far as individual boxes go, my CJOD wins for most appreciation in value since buying it new. If only I had held onto those Way Huge pedals...

8. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Collections scare me. I just am waiting for my bluesbreaker and shredmaster to come in to complete my mint drivemaster/shredmaster/bluesbreaker lineup, and am thinking of getting a gov nor. Damn GAS!!!

9. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

10. Stormy

Stormy Member

Univox Uni-Vibe - a real one, just like the one Jimi used at Fillmore East.
    [​IMG]

11. Madsman

Madsman Member

The hardest one for me to find was my 70's A/DA Flanger.

12. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

Echoczar, Mutron III, SIB Blue analog Echodrive, Teese RMC3 Rockin' Daddy, SIB Varidrive II (one of only a few varidrives made with a "boost")

13. seanc

seanc Member

well i have a pedal that isnt a lot of money but i am yet to hear anyone talk about it or even see a picture with it in anyones rig. (i am always looking foward to being proven wrong on that one too)

its a dubtronics tubescreamin +. its an aussie pedal made by a great aussie bloke. its like a keeley overdrive mod + a fulldrive fulltone + a tubescreamer had a love child and this is the result. such a nice pedal and great sound.

14. erksin

erksin Member

Sought after? Timmy!

15. baald

baald Member

well, i have a red witch medusa, which are now OOP and i believe a bit sought after. i also have a not often seen seen Kern tube wah. dunno how sought after that one is though....

16. einstein

einstein Member

anyone ever heard of a systech harmonic energizer? very heavy duty construction overdrive with a filter. kinda sounds exzactly like princes overdrive sound. also have an overdrive. havent plugged them in since late seventies i think. Very heavy metal boxes. never seen one outside of these. I think michael toles gave them to me in high school. He was on the staff at stax played with isaac hays, did the wawa thing before anyone he told me.

17. loudboy

loudboy Member

I have a:

Fulltone Soulbender, in a gray Hammond box SN#21

TC Line Booster Distortion

Arion SCH-1 Japanese-made Chorus

Early Russian Big Muff

I had an original TS-808, but traded it towards my PRS.

Loudboy

18. playon

playon Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Not sure which is worth more money at this point, the Way Huge echo pedal or the Lovetone Flanger... my bet is on the Lovetone, last time I saw one on ebay was a few months ago they were around a grand, then they became unobtanium. I'm sooooo glad I bought this stuff a long time ago because I sure as hell couldn't afford it now.

19. gururyan

gururyan Member

I don't really have anything that impressive. I guess my AD900 is as rare or sought after as my pedals get.

20. bjm007

bjm007 Member

Oddly enough, my Analogman King of Tone was probably the hardest thing for me to track down. I've been on the "list" for almost two years now, and I'm STILL on it.......

Bought one on ebay about a year ago for many $$$$, but it was worth it

:AOK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.