name this overdrive pedal

MrDoty

Silver Supporting Member
here is what I want in my overdrive tone.

smooth liquid lead sound. (not marshally at all)
real amplike feel
sustain that can bloom into feedback without a problem
I want light crunch to full on fat leads with a twist of my guitar volume
no loss of bass with the pedal turned on
I don't want to be on a wating list for 5 years to get one.
must be a gig worthy unit (built like a brick)

I will be playing through a fenderesque clean sound with this.

so which overdrive pedal do I want? or are my demands to much for a stompbox?

justintee

to me you're describing the zendrive.. not sure if it'll feedback on it's own, that'll depend on how you set your amp imho... also there's a bit of a wait for it, but i was lucky and got mine after a month of expressing my interest in one.

madscientist

Sounds like an OCD, on the neck pickup for leads and the bridge for the crunch. Definitely no loss of bass, that's for sure.

bilbal

I know that I have the same answer every time this kind of question is asked but again, I have to mention the Ethos TLE. I just think it is the best pedal for sooooo many different reasons. It's too bad that Robbie couldn't get some out to shops for people to take on a "test drive"

The next time any of you guys are in the Southeastern CT area, I would be more than happy to let you try mine out. Hopefully, I will be receiving another soon. I really, really, like this pedal. It's just a great tool for so many applications.

I really like the OCD too , as well as the Zendrive and KoT

imguitardan

Look into Barber pedals. Great quality and service. Boutique pedals w/out boutique prices. I have a Direct Drive and it totally wants to bloom into musical feedback...just may not clean up enough with the gtr vol tweak.

eric-d

Sounds like you'd like the Landgraff Mo'D - it's just too bad you're have to wait a year if ordered directly. Try contacting Blue Angel in Pensacola FL and see what the wait time is.

LowWatt

Sounds like a Zendrive might be in that ballpark to me. It hits all points except the waiting list

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Gold Supporting Member
JTK Harmonics Alchemy! Smooth, and has the best EQ I've found on a OD pedal. I also have his Murano, another excellent OD. Actually, the Delirium might be good for you as well.

http://www.jtkharmonics.com/

mfgobbi

Very hard to have all that in a single pedal.

The MI Tube Zone will be your best bet I think, it cleans up great with the guitar volume, it can go from clean boost to extreme saturation/gain, it has tons of bass, it is more of a Rectifier-ish tone (rather than marshal), 7 pots to fit your amps voicing, no waiting list, good build, not expensive.

A few words about some suggestions given above (no flames please):
Landgraff LDO: a modded tube screamer, not enough gain, long wait, expensive. Landgraff MOD: a modded RAT, marshally in my opinion, cleans up well, long wait, expensive. Barber pedals: all their higher gain pedals are great but marshally in my opinion. Jetter and zendrive: definitely not enough gain to go into effortless sustain or feedback. Bod Burt: all I heard was a youtube video, sounds like low-medium gain, and tube screamerish; Addrock yeller: tube screamer-ish. Ethos: don't know. OCD: old school saturation (cooking power tubes), very tube like, not extreme gain, cleans up well, not sure if it will satisfy your sustain/feedback needs.

I am assuming you are familiar with the tube screamer type pedals which I particular find fantastic, even the stock TS.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom