Name your favorite pedals and speakers for one of these 3 amps...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BluesHarp, Jul 10, 2008.

1. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Looking for the best cabs, speakers and the best matched pedals for one of the below amps... if you've had extensive time with one or more of them. Maybe a combination of something that made you say... wow, this is a great match! Looking at my pedals may give you an idea as to my style, but its basically a strat and lots of blues/classic rock.

1 Fargen Dual Classic Custom ( Blackface and Ac30 circuits )

2 DrZ Z-28 ( 1/12 combo )

3 Modded ltd 59 Bassman Re-issue ( 5ar4 rectifier and mercury magnetics trans/choke )

I know... I had to put that tax refund to good use. :AOK

Thanks guys!

2. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

Is the bassman a combo or head? If its a head, I can wholeheartedly recomend the 90's Mesa/Boogie open back 4x10 with jensen alinco speakers for cleanish tone. If you want tube OD for classic rock tone, I would recomend a good attenuator, into a Marshall 4x12 with greenbacks.

I find that those are my 2 faves with my Sovtek (nearly a bassman!)

Mine also loves a G2D custom OD pedal.

3. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Its a 4/10 combo with the original speakers. I will also use it for harmonica so alnicos will definetly do it. I just havent decided on which brand speakers.

I know that this would be a great subject in the amps forum but I wanted some of you pedal chasers thinking bout it too. :p

4. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    And how many people would have ever played one of those amps do you reckon ?

5. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Not you, but thanks for chiming in with that helpful tidbit.

41 ( Am I close? )