NAMM '09; Sonuus G2M Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vitgit, Jan 21, 2009.

1. mustangman

mustangman Member

:huh

2. Sir Enoch II

Sir Enoch II Member

Got it to work on the Roland GR-33. Will not work with the Vg-99 because it is not compatible with it. On the Gr-33 you have to go to system settings and change a few things. then it will work.

Sir Enoch II

3. Bryan T

Bryan T aspiring cartographer and social media influencer Silver Supporting Member

4. MikeyB59

MikeyB59 Member

I got a Sonuus. There's is definitely latency. Way more than Roland GI-20 that I have. It's still a very cool little box. The ridiculous ease of use with any guitar is just too cool. Even if live it's only useful for playing slow parts, there are tons of other uses. I'm thinking about triggering loops and pitch shifting loops with Ableton Live. Midi notes can trigger clips which have CC info, so I could completely shift the sound on my Axe Fx simply by hitting a note to trigger a Live clip.

Transcribing melodies, string parts, bass lines with guitar without switching back and forth to keyboard.

That StringPort piece looks absolutely fascinating, but I have to say the Sonuus and I are having a blast, particularly for the price and ease of use. It's not a be-all guitar-midi device, but it's way slick. It works great with an $11 usb-midi interface/cable I got from Amazon (I have other midi interfaces, but this is the deal of the year for midi interfaces) into my Macbook Pro. To have a complete monophonic guitar-midi rig that weighs less than a pound and hooks into my laptop with any guitar is awesome.

Mike