NAMM 2015 - Blackstar ID:Core Beam

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by filo01, Jan 22, 2015.

1. filo01

filo01 Member

2. saneff

saneff Gold Supporting Member

As soon as they're available, I'm getting one. I just don't like my Yamaha THR10. I also have the Line 6 Amplifi and it's ok but the tones aren't great. And I have an ID:60 and it's awesome so I'm going to continue to trust Blackstar. This looks perfect for home playing.

3. Lain

Lain Member

I would highly suggest that you test them thoroughly before pulling the trigger.
    I am looking for a practice amp that sounds good with mp3 for ages now and really wanted to like the blackstar id:core but it just didn't sound good, imo.
    If the Beam has the same speakers like last years ID:Core, i will definitely not buy it.

4. BeardoCI

BeardoCI Member

Amplifi needs a little time put into it, but the tones are definitely OK - I've basically ignored every suggestion it's pulled down from the net though, as they're mostly terrible :D

5. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

Doubles as a bass amp! Cant wait til they hit the stores.

6. rsm

rsm Member

I agree, I'm happy with the tones I'm getting from my AMPLIFi so far. I don't hear any digital artifacts.

I'm guessing we have different tastes in tones, but for several songs in my phone,I found a few tone match presets that sounded good / very good and with a little tweaking great (for me). I also think the factory presets are pretty good for the most part though I have not run through all of them yet, I just got my FX100 yesterday. A little tweaking would make many usable for me. YMMV

One example, I found a tone match preset called Shakin' by Line6 which had a great jangle and chime as-is with one of my Ric 330.

I did spend time tweaking a few patches with the android app, and it was easy to do and fun, I am very happy with the results. If I need more foot control or models, the Firehawk FX will be there soon too! I like the simplicity of the FX100 floor controls and I can work with the presets only mode, though a pedalboard mode like the Firehawk would be nice to have.

7. Lain

Lain Member

Seems like it uses the same speakers.

So this is basically the ID:Core 20 with bluetooth and bass + acoustic simlation.

8. Humancapo

Humancapo Member

Different speakers, separate chambers for each driver and tuned (ported).

9. veus55

veus55 Silver Supporting Member

I tried it at NAMM and though it sounded great. It looks like a great home practice amp.

10. filo01

filo01 Member

I don't understand why manufacturers don't make a small practice amp with onboard looper or FX send/return loop.
    MicroCube, MicroSpider, Nano Vypyr, Mini3, Mini5, THR, Core: none!
    Before NAMM I've hoped this Blackstar Beam will be the first .... :(

MartinC likes this.
  11. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

is that envelope filter/fuzz available on all amp tones? Or, is it just for bass? Where can I see the effects 'splained out in simple terms/manual for this new BEAM?

12. filo01

filo01 Member

filter/fuzz are just for bass

13. veus55

veus55 Silver Supporting Member

Are the bass amp tones simulated bass or is it an amp to use with an actual bass?
    If it is only an amp model for a regular bass, you may try the filter and fuzz with guitar.
    I wonder how would it sound

14. filo01

filo01 Member

It is not simulated, the bass patches are for real bass guitar. Check videos from NAMM.

15. dkijc

dkijc Member

16. Lain

Lain Member

Shop here says it will be available at the 27th. Hope it sounds better than last years ID:Core amps.

17. filo01

filo01 Member

18. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

Hopefully these don't have the same volume modulation problem as the other IDs, which Blackstar refuses to fix (and until VERY recently, would not even acknowledge as a real issue).

19. TNO

TNO Member

I compared the THR10C to the smaller Blackstar modeling amps and the THR was much, much better.

20. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

Honestly, I liked both the THR series and the ID TVP. I just wish that Blackstar had halfway decent customer service.