• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NAMM 2015 Hotone digital modelling pedal

GreatSatan

I dunno, looks to me to be setting itself up as the 'micro transaction game' of the stompbox world,
assuming all the models available are individually bought.

If not, and the library it comes with is available on purchase of just the pedal itself, then you've got to try and convince people that digital algorhymin'z are objectively better sounding than their physical counterparts :p

ChrisVereb

Sounds cool, but I don't see anything on Hotone's site about it. Hotone's stuff is usually pretty moderately priced. I wonder where this will come in at?

Also, from that article:

"In order to capture the most meaningful tones, Hotone spent most of its resources in obtaining those classic effects which have long since disappeared from the market."

....maybe Hotone's about to fold and they wanted to take one hell of a pedal collection with them when they did!

minty901

How has nobody else managed to catch on to TC Electronic's brilliant smart phone beaming technology? Seems so much more reliable than having to sync up bluetooth.

celticelk

How has nobody else managed to catch on to TC Electronic's brilliant smart phone beaming technology? Seems so much more reliable than having to sync up bluetooth.

Source Audio's new app looks like it operates on a headphone cable from your phone to the pedal. Close enough?

Plague Dog

That is my question, one preset at a time? if I want to use multiple effects I have to buy more hotone's?

Lain

Probably. But if you already have some pedals you can use it for whatever is missing in the particular tone you want.

ChrisVereb

That is my question, one preset at a time? if I want to use multiple effects I have to buy more hotone's?

Yeah, didn't say anything for sure, but it looks like it's more the H9/iStomp type of pedal than a zoom MS pedal. No display would make a multi pedal implementation tough to control I think.

And for the iOS requirement it does say Android support coming soon in the article....not how soon, but soon. And when has an ad copy every stretched the truth to sell a product?

Tmidiman

There is another picture of the pedal that shows a USB port. I wonder what that is for.

This could be similar to the iStomp. Use one, two, or more. Have them set for what you want them to be and if you want something different then change them. But IT IS NOT A MULTI-EFFECT PEDAL.

Most likely you won't have to be tethered, but it's best to wait until all the information is released.

And what does it sound like? I'm sure some NAMM demos will come soon.

Lain

Well, article says the USB is for firmware updates and stuff like that. Who knows... time will tell.

I really like the idea of havina 'wildcard' pedal on the board but if it relies on bluetooth and/or if you have to pay for every single pedal it will definitely a deal breaker for me.

eriwebnerr

Weird - Digitech already did this right? Only one effect a time and no screen to indicate the effect or function of the knobs. Why would anyone get this over a Zoom CDR, 100BT, or 50G?

Gilks

I'm stoked for this, if it sounds as good as they say. The other similar pedals I've tried have just been "meh" at best. Love the look of it too!

Top Bottom