Namm 2020 is a wrap -Jake E Lee signature amp!

cragginshred

My first Namm was an overwhelming experience -as expected.

Got my badge on Thursday afternoon and went in for a recon walk thru.
Arrived at the Boutique amp sector with Sammy Boller in the Friedman booth shredding on the new signature Jake E. Lee head. I got to play thru it too! New amp circuit based on the JCM 800 as opposed to the BE which is based on the Plexi -See Vid

Other observation
-Everything sounded good thru Dave Friedman's rig. I was able to sample Steve Stevens new head and the Jake as well as the JJ and BE Dlx with the tap of a button!

- To the casual observer Namm was actually a big guitar center. A lot of girlfriends in tow dressed like it was a concert. Tons of white noise from ever direction in certain areas. The drum section was particularly loud. Loud was not the issue -I play in a hard rock band, but the sound was coming from numerous directions with layered aspects that was overwhelming after a while.

-Many deals were done as well. The crew I was with bought $65,000. worth of ESP guitars on Friday.

-Kemper had a booth with both a stage as well as a bar type counter with all the modelers and head phones set up. Once you sat down a Coors can was offered by one of the German owners!

-Many booths had head phones set up too with IRs for cabs. Engl amps were in the ESP are upstairs

-All the big names were upstairs. Gibson, Fender, PRS, Taylor. Jackson Charvel and EVH shared a room.

Outside the complex was a stage in front of the Hilton with rotating bands at night.

Nearby was the House of blues where I got to see Andy James open for Gus G while enjoying a 13$ coors light :beer

cragginshred

They had a whole wall of USA customs shops that were about 5k ea. I know what your saying tho, usually all you see are the cheap LTD axes
Satchel was not there, but they had a green and new purple version of his guitar with his pic.

I got to play a Phil Collin Jackson which was amazing looking but the neck is huge. The middle single coil is in the way of my pick too
Apparently I was standing next to Phil Demmel in the Jackson room :bonk

Sirloin

Arrived at the Boutique amp sector with Sammy Boller in the Friedman booth shredding on the new signature Jake E. Lee head. I got to play thru it too! New amp circuit based on the JCM 800 as opposed to the BE which is based on the Plexi -See Vid
They're both based on the 2203/JCM 800. Just different circuit voicing.

Cup of Cheese

My first Namm was an overwhelming experience -as expected.

Got my badge on Thursday afternoon and went in for a recon walk thru.

Other observation
-Everything sounded good thru Dave Friedman's rig. I was able to sample Steve Stevens new head and the Jake as well as the JJ and BE Dlx with the tap of a button!

- To the casual observer Namm was actually a big guitar center. A lot of girlfriends in tow dressed like it was a concert. Tons of white noise from ever direction in certain areas. The drum section was particularly loud. Loud was not the issue -I play in a hard rock band, but the sound was coming from numerous directions with layered aspects that was overwhelming after a while.

-Many deals were done as well. The crew I was with bought $65,000. worth of ESP guitars on Friday.

-Kemper had a booth with both a stage as well as a bar type counter with all the modelers and head phones set up. Once you sat down a Coors can was offered by one of the German owners!

-Many booths had head phones set up too with IRs for cabs. Engl amps were in the ESP are upstairs

-All the big names were upstairs. Gibson, Fender, PRS, Taylor. Jackson Charvel and EVH shared a room.

Outside the complex was a stage in front of the Hilton with rotating bands at night.

Nearby was the House of blues where I got to see Andy James open for Gus G while enjoying a 13$ coors light :beer

If only there was a special place on this forum where amplifiers could be discussed.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Who bought the Fender Custom Shop NAMM guitars, I wonder.
A whole bunch of different businesses from Andertons to Wildwood and everyone in between. They had some really cool stuff, but this thing was crazy to see ($560,000):

Still cheaper than his Charvel I think....LOL.
actually I saw an interview with Jake e lee and the amp does sell for around 3500. with 50 being made in red with signatures (50 for each continent for 100 total)...after that it will be in black and on offer as a regular model.

Trending Topics