[NAMM 2020] Origin Effects RevivalTREM

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JackInR, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

It is really quite simple. Origin makes amazing pedals that are on a different level in terms of design and build quality. They are worth every penny to those of us that buy them.

That being said, there are lots of pedals out there from many different makers. So as long as each of us finds gear we love at a price we are comfortable with, then everybody can be happy.

losrogers and MrSoftV like this.
  2. Origin Effects Ltd

Origin Effects Ltd Member

Thanks for the kind words, guys! We're glad that our attention to detail, build quality, and unreserved R&D process is as important to you as it is to us :)

OE

Jason Calieri likes this.
  3. dudu

dudu Member

4. Kris Criado

Kris Criado Member

I just spoke to one of the dealers and they're saying that units are shipping out mid to late Feb. I don't know if I can hold out for that long!!! Oh well, it's better than waiting for the CBA/Benson Preamp II coming in May.

I wonder how this would be set up going into a Strymon Iridium? I think you could go multiple ways:

1) Set up Revival TREM with PAmp setting and set the Iridium in Amp bypass mode.
    2) Set up RT in Bright amp mode and Iridium in Round or Chime amp mode
    3) Set up RT in Dark amp mode and Iridium in Punch amp mode.

Does this yield the same relative results? Would I be getting the same tones with these settings? @Origin Effects Ltd what do you think?

5. Origin Effects Ltd

Origin Effects Ltd Member

I believe so. Check out John Cordy's YouTube channel. He uses the RevivalDRIVE Compact in this way... https://www.youtube.com/user/chuddgriffin

6. offthiscentury

offthiscentury Member

I use the OG Revival Drive with Iridium in the first way you mentioned and think it sounds great. Never felt the need to stack it on top of the Iridium's models.

7. juri

juri Member

8. helrazr84

helrazr84 Member

Late last year I purchased the Cali76 Compact. Within 2 weeks I ordered the Revival Drive Compact. Prior to this the only pedals I tried and own that I thought felt like more than just a pedal were 2 Bogner pedals. The Origin stuff (from my limited experience) is on another level. Yes they cost more than some other stuff but they do what the other stuff only wishes it could do. (my opinion)

I think this pedal will be seriously hard to resist.

sanhozay likes this.
  9. Jazzandmore

We followed a similar path. I started with the Cali76 CD as well. Got the Revival Drive Custom the minute it came out. Now I'm at 4 pedals. Their pedals are definitely a whole other level of goodness! :)

losrogers likes this.
  10. helrazr84

helrazr84 Member

Yeah I saw your thread indicating you have the pedal already. Very cool. I'm sure I'll pick one up once they start becoming "in stock", I'm not in a hurry.

11. Spirithunter

Spirithunter Member

I have one coming in!:cool:

donfrantz likes this.
  12. wookiefoot

wookiefoot Gold Supporting Member

My local dealer is receiving them tomorrow!!!!!!

Spirithunter likes this.
  13. RolandKorg

RolandKorg Member

I only just realized that now, as well. Duh.
    I think it's an odd/unfortunate choice of naming by Origin. I mean, if you have a pedal and you call it a "Chorus," no one would expect it to also be an amp simulation of a Roland JC-120.

Wagster likes this.
  14. darkdaysindeed

darkdaysindeed Supporting Member

I think the use of their Revival branding is to imply there is amp emulation. Moving forward I’d imagine anytime they use Revival it will contain amp emulation circuitry of some sort.

RolandKorg likes this.
  15. RolandKorg

RolandKorg Member

I get that, and i should have paid more attention, but i'm suggesting that to someone who's not a gear freak, isn't super-acquainted with Origin's line, and isn't religiously following TGP, it's kinda misleading. I mean, i'm a gear freak, i've seen a bunch of Revival Drive videos, and i spend too much time on TGP by a factor of a jillion, and i still didn't know the thing was an 'amp' too. I think they're assuming too much, but then again, the folks who would entertain the idea of $500 for one of their pedals may just be a small enough audience that they're not bothered by losing a small percentage of it due to this type of 'misunderstanding.'

darkdaysindeed likes this.
  16. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

as a young lad you could imagine my chagrin when i ordered a whaler at burger king and received a greasy fish sandwich

justabubba and Befuddled like this.
  17. samtheman

samtheman Member

18. guitar_gord

guitar_gord Member

Wow! That is simply incredibly well done. I’m sold, mine ships tomorrow.

19. Jazzandmore

Oh yeah, got that killer Brunetti amp singing!

samtheman likes this.
  20. Elskens Philippe

Elskens Philippe Member

What are the chances that you'd bring out a RevivalTrem without the Drive (and EQ) section?