NAMM pedals 2 and if you know any pedals that are coming out post them here!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mustangman, Jan 24, 2006.

1. mustangman

mustangman Member

Here are some EH pedals from NAMM and there time of release:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there you can see a little of the little big muff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and heres the list:
    [​IMG]

if you know of any other new pedals to be released soon, post them here!

2. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

wow have you seen the price for the hog?!?!!!!

3. mustangman

mustangman Member

yeah i know, way to much, but for us it should be around $500. still way to much though haha :jo

4. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

yes i know... but i hoped it would be at the 300 area somewhere at least...

5. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I'm not surprised. The HOG is basically a superior whammy from the quick overview I looked at it. Whammys themselves are incredibly overpriced. EH's stuff tends to be expensive in general, so there ya go.

It'll probably retail for ~500.

Having said all that, the Hog looks orgasmic. I sold my whammy because of the footpring, dedicated wallwart, and lack of use. Looks like I'll never own a HOG :(

Ah well, I can always dream of a PS-5 :rolleyes:

6. mustangman

mustangman Member

here are some new Xotic effects:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. justicetones

justicetones Member

Keeley Tone Workstation. Three pedals in one. A Keeley take on the Blues Driver, A Keeley Compressor, and A Keeley take on the Tube Screamer. They appear in that order BUT on the rear there are 1/4
    ' jacks so that you can place the pedals in whichever order you prefer.

Sounded great. I will get one.

8. exodus

exodus Member

anyone check out the new v-stack gear?

9. gururyan

gururyan Member

Pigtronix has a new one coming out:

[​IMG]

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Does any of you know the functions of the HOG?? I mean the POG is a polyphonic octave generator and this is a harmonic octave generator, I've tried the POG and really liked it, though I don't own one, I would like a comparison between them, to help me understand it.

As Moe said it looks really interesting.

11. stompbox

stompbox Member

so did anyone get the lowdown on the new Boss RC-20xl and the boomerang that are to come out this year?

12. mustangman

mustangman Member

do you mean the RC-50 cause the RC-20xl seems to be already out
    heres a pic and describtion of the RC-50:
    [​IMG]

For those awaiting the arrival of a new industry-leading looper, the wait is finally over. Introducing the RC-50 — the most feature-laden Loop Station BOSS has ever built. It’s the best live looping tool ever built for that matter. Housed in a spacious seven-footswitch floor unit, the RC-50 lets you manipulate three stereo phrase tracks simultaneously, with each track supporting multiple overdubs. In other words, you can record phrase upon phrase, one by one, on each track, resulting in a monstrous stack!
    [​IMG]The new industry-leading looping tool for live performance!
    [​IMG]7 footswitches for intuitive control; realtime control of playback speed
    [​IMG]Play up to 3 stereo phrase tracks simultaneously, all synced to an internal or MIDI clock
    [​IMG]Ultra-long recording time (up to 49 min., mono), 99 patches (3 master loops per patch)
    [​IMG]Undo/Redo function for recording and overdubbing
    [​IMG]Center-cancellation feature, "flat" amplifier simulation feature
    [​IMG]Stereo input, dual stereo output, XLR phantom-powered mic input, stereo mini-jack Aux input (for recording from an MP3 players, etc.)
    [​IMG]USB port for data/audio backup, import/export of loops as WAV files
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

but as for the boomerrang i havent even herd of that yet, but i know they are coming out with the upgraded AC-2, the AC-3.

13. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Great thread idea... Any more info on the new ZVEX pedals?

14. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

http://www.musictoyz.com/NAMM2006.php

This link to musictoyz has some pics of stuff I haven't seen anywhere else yet, including three new revisions of Menatones (pleasure trem, jac compressor and foxy brown), a working edition of that Disnortion by Pigtronics, two Custom Audio Electronics pedals being produced by MXR/Dunlop that I can't tell what they are but look cool as hell. As well as two analog/digital hybrids by Maxon. As well as some more stuff, check it out and then thank Teddy for doin' the leg work;)

-TJK

15. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Those E-H prices better come down quick, because I just don't have $1682 for the HOG, 2880 + foot controller. I guess I'd better start saving. Does the HOG appear to be a replacement for the POG? I can see how leaving one set for organ sounds (POG) and the other (HOG) for more sounds everywhere in a stereo setup might be good. However, I might have to hold off on the HOG because the 2880 seems like what I'm missing from my Loop Station- multiple loops and stereo output... I'll have to see what the controller looks like, but man, what a solution. I wonder what the dealer prices will look like. Great job, E-H!... that X-blender thing looks cool, but it's pretty pricey... I wonder what part of it makes it so expensive (other than the name)... I know E-H is always expensive because of the huge boxes and that's just the way things are, but I could have WOBO or another custom-work company build me a box that did that for less... here is a schematic for a similar pedal (not sure if it uses op-amps) http://www.moosapotamus.com/paraloop/paraloop.htm ... though the link wasn't loading, it USED to be a good link anyway. Parallel mixer box. Good idea. Not sure if that one had the parallel/series switch like the Xotic, but I'm sure you could have one made that did whatever you needed for under $230. Then again, that might just be the list price (or the fixed price)...

16. mustangman

mustangman Member

hey thanks man, allow me to post some of those pics on here:

Pigtronix will be shipping a Fuzz/Overdrive/Octave pedal in spring. Well laid out and sound wonderful
    [​IMG]

you can see the new keeley pedal in white i nthe middle (2)
    [​IMG]

The 3 New Menatone Pedals ! Shipping Feb/March
    [​IMG]

Maxon displayed these 2 new pedals that are VERY high tech...spring 2006
    [​IMG]

MXR showed alot of cool new stuff. Van Halen Flanger, Custom Audio (Bob Bradshaw) Pedals, Slash Wah....May 2006 shipping
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Xotic New Pedal the X-Blender..allows you to blend 2 pedals toghther. Spring 2006
    [​IMG]

17. drolling

drolling Member

Well, that's a G.A.S. inducing lineup of new toys!

Great to see more choices for loopers, too..

I'd really like to know what that HOG does differently than the POG. I love EH stuff, tho' I don't trust their quality control. It seems if you get a good unit (like my old MemoryMan) they're practically indestructable, so I'm hoping to pick up a used POG when the HOGs are let out of the pen in march..

18. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

From what I can tell the H.O.G is actually a Whammy/Harmonizer type pedal, it does do the octave up stuff, but doesn't allow detuning of the seperate octaves, it does up to 4 octaves up. It also does just a fifth (mixed in with your original signal) an octave up plus a fifth and 2 octaves up plus a fifth. From reading it also does octave down and 2 octaves down as well as allowing you to mix in as much of the original signal with all the other octaves as you like.

It also has attack-decay sliders for a filter section (upper and lower) along with frequency and resonance sliders which appear to make up the synthesizer section of the pedal (some sort of envelope follower with its own on and off footswitch).

Then on top of all that, it has a foot controler and expression option offering 7 different experession pedal modes that work with the octaves in some dynamic fashion, like octave bends, and freeze-glissendo options, full step bends, stuff like that, so it seems to cover more ground than the POG in a lot of areas, but doesn't seem to have the full on de-tuning options that the POG does for the awesome organ sounds.

-TJK

P.S The other big difference will be whether or not this bad-boy is polyphonic, the assumption with the price point would be that it is, HOWEVER if not, it would make it valuble to have both the HOG and the POG in your line-up (and way smarter marketing on EHX side;)).

19. mustangman

mustangman Member

hey thanks man, here's a little info and some pics:

the RingTone is an 8-note sequenced ring modulator with random mode and manual step mode

the Tremorama is a Seek-Trem with random mode

the Box of Rock is a distortion box featuring the Distortron Engine and a level booster in one enclosure.

thats info from Mr.Vex, he also claims he brought something eles to NAMM not a pedal but i hevent seen what it is yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

What's the difference between a boss OC-3 and PS-5?

Basically the same difference between a POG and HOG :D

I'd also like to hear that metal muff!