NAMM visitors, see a new Marshall?

mrmega

Gold Supporting Member
I just got off the phone with my music store dealer and he said there was a new Marshall head getting a lot of attention at Namm.

Anyone know whats up?

GtrWiz

Umm, how is it getting a lot of attention when NAMM hasn't started yet?

But I will keep my eyes open...

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
I think I have heard it all now. Randy was a great player in the day and I love both the Ozzy albums with him. But it is hardly a tone one would seek out IMO.

mrmega

Gold Supporting Member
Umm, how is it getting a lot of attention when NAMM hasn't started yet?

But I will keep my eyes open...

Not sure because obviously I am not there. One of his salesman has been out there for a couple of days, mentioned it when he called the boss today. I don't know specifics, I just know what I was told.

I know the salesman really well, and since he mentioned it, there is something to it. He doesn't talk about gear much, and when he does there is always a good story behind it.

I appreciate your willingness to keep the eyes peeled. :)

PS: I checked out your myspace page and cant really look a lot because of the infamous "technical error" but I will say your cover picture is awesome. It really is a great photo. Cool guitar playing too.

rickc007

Gold Supporting Member
Namm starts tomorrow, but there are a lot of exhibitors there.

I was there this morning, and everyone looked setup already

I did not go in myself, think it was "exhibitor" pass only

I may be considered an exhibitionist....well, never mind

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
Namm starts tomorrow, but there are a lot of exhibitors there.

I was there this morning, and everyone looked setup already

I did not go in myself, think it was "exhibitor" pass only

I may be considered an exhibitionist....well, never mind

Yes thats usually how it works. That is actually the show before the show. Exhibitor passes are great. I especially loved the exhibitor passes when I used to do ASR.

Iceman8.6

I think I have heard it all now. Randy was a great player in the day and I love both the Ozzy albums with him. But it is hardly a tone one would seek out IMO.

I would think it will be capable of more than Randys sound. Who knows it may not even sound like him.

* velcro-fly *

Silver Supporting Member

Dude, what do you know? it's not like you own any real amps...next thing you know you'll be saying 3 fins are better than 1......:worried

:D

most Randy's tracks were double/tripled tracked - you can hear the phase problems in the mix. Too bad Eddie Kramer or Mutt never capured that material. But I agree - his electric tone (MXR) never worked for me - but it did blend with the keyboards quite well. Now I'd be willing to bet him on a classical guitar sitting in front of us on a good room would make most of us forget about his electric tone.

Plague Dog

I can't get there till saturday, but I probably won't waste much time at the Marshall or Fender booths.

mxr2000

Randy's most famous Marshall sounds are from 1981 live bootleg shows, like the Cleveland show(tribute),Montreal,Long Beach,ect..
Randys amps was one of the last Marshall did as a shop, and I think this Mod is what end up as the 800 master volume series amps..

Trending Topics

Top Bottom