• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Nancy Wilson was ...

Zexcoil

Vendor
the "beautiful woman in car" in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

You know, when Brad (Judge Reinhold) is driving around in the pirate hat and the woman is goofing on him.

I caught the end of it tonight and thought, "that looks like Nancy Wilson" so I watched the credits and sure enough it was her. I must have seen that movie at least ten times (probably a lot more) and I never noticed it before.

Her husband, Cameron Crowe, wrote the screenplay and the book the movie was based on. His bio says they started dating in 1982 (the year the movie came out).

Last edited:

Funky Monkey

Wow- all this time I had no idea Cameron Crowe was responsible for that story (let alone Nancy Wilson being the woman in the car.) I always thought Say Anything... was his first project.

And I guess I'm glad that I didn't know they've been together since 1982. That would've slightly altered all of my adolescent fantasies ("Hey, what's HE doing here?!?!") :D

TwoTubMan

The ladyfriend left her copy of Heart's Greatest Hits here a few weeks ago, I had completely forgotten how much seriously great music that band has cranked out over the years. Shame on me.

Picaflor

I thought Nancy Wilson was the hottest chick on earth back in high school when the These Dreams video came out! Something about her hopping around in a skirt with a Dean Baby Explorer in her hands just turned me on for some reason.

The credits for Fast Times also lists Bruce Springsteen's sister Pamela as one of the actors, but I still have no idea which one she was.

cyguitar

the "beautiful woman in car" in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

You know, when Brad (Judge Reinhold) is driving around in the pirate hat and the woman is goofing on him.

I caught the end of it tonight and thought, "that looks like Nancy Wilson" so I watched the credits and sure enough it was her. I must have seen that movie at least ten times (probably a lot more) and I never noticed it before.

Her husband, Cameron Crowe, wrote the screenplay and the book the movie was based on. His bio says they started dating in 1982 (the year the movie came out).
The movie was based on characters that Cameron knew when he went to a local San Diego High School, Clairemont (Ridgemont for the movie) High School posed as a student. He had already graduated, and I think was working for Rolling Stone Magazine. Which by the way his time at Rolling Stone when he was so young, was what his movie Almost Famous was about. Some of that takes place in San Diego.:RoCkIn

alberob

I met Nancy on the set of Vanilla Sky which was being directed by her husband .What a lovely lady.We talked about Seattle, music and of course guitars.She asked at the end of our conversation if I wanted to meet her husband,and I told her I had just wanted to meet her.She was delightfull as well as beautiful!I was the man responsible for changing the traffic lights on the movie shoots in N.Y.C. .I have worked on many movies but she made this one unforgetable!:warning

FatTeleTom

Huge crush on Nancy when I was a kid. Now I just appreciate her as a very talented player, singer, and songwriter.

Well, OK, maybe plus a little crush still.

You always seem to hear nice things about her as a person, and that's refreshing.

Bankston

Nancy is still beautiful. I had a good friend in high school that could've been her celebrity look-a-like. Unfortunately, got shot down on that one.

"Fast Times" was a very edgy comedy that was way ahead of its times. Things like American Pie pale in comparison. And look at how many of the cast members went on to successful careers. Great movie.

Trending Topics