Nano Clone mods? Re: Volume drop

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sleepo, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Sleepo

Sleepo Member

Has anyone heard of any mods for the Nano Clone, or even done one themselves?

For me, the volume drop isn't too bad, but a lot of people are put off this pedal by this problem.

2. Sleepo

Sleepo Member

3. jdawg666

jdawg666 Member

Based purely off reading from forums, the nano series from EHX were comprised of hits and misses. Unfortunately, one of the misses was the Nano Clone. Also, I don't think modding is an option since the circuit is SMD.

4. Sleepo

Sleepo Member

The only bad thing about it is the volume drop IMO. And the different polarity or whathaveyou, meaning you can't use it in a chain running off a DC Brick or something.

5. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

yeah i only spent 35 bucks so i can't complain but my clone has a sticker, don't daisy chain i wondered why... and a volume drop but i can live with it... rather have a drop than a boost

can't be a hard mod though, just add a little transister or op amp to boost...

6. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

Without seeing a schematic, my guess is that there might be an output resistor that could be changed to fix the issue. But without the schematic... :confused:

Try emailing EH. Tell them what your issue is and ask if it can be fixed. See if they'll tell you what the component number is on the PCB. At least that would be a start.