Narada Michael Walden in CA and NYC in May

Discussion in 'Gig Alert' started by MCHeulitt, May 7, 2016.

1. MCHeulitt

MCHeulitt Member

I'm pleased to announce that drummer Narada Michael Walden (Jeff Beck, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Weather Report) will be playing four shows later this month in CA and NYC. Every show is a bit of a retrospective of his career so we'll play some JB, some Mahavishnu, his 70's dance/fusion tunes, and then a pile of his hits as a producer from the 80's and 90's.

Saturday May 21 Mill Valley CA Sweetwater

May 26, 27, 28 at Iridium in NYC

Here's a vid of us working out the tune "Faith" from Visions of the Emerald Beyond.
    Tone is my original Menatone King of the Britains, Roger Mayer Octavia (kicks in for the melody), all through my Lab Series L5 which I keep at his studio for rehearsals. Thanks for watching!

funkycam and diego like this.
  2. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Great version of "Faith", Matt - super cool. I still listen to that album, and I still play "Faith", mostly in my living room since it's tough to find cats to play prog rock with - Ha ha. You'll have a blast playing that with Narada - he invented the groove, along w/ JM!

Sounds great, wish I could make the Sweetwater gig, but I moved to Santa Barbara from Mill Valley in early 2007. Have a great one in NYC and in Mill Valley, maybe see you at the SF Amp Show May 14-15 at the SF Airport Marriot in San Mateo. I'll be mostly in the Red Plate Amp room.

Sounds great, thanks, Dana O.

MCHeulitt likes this.