• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Narrowing it down.. Dunlop Octavia or Fulltone Ultimate

Pinelake

I started on a search for a harmonizer and after some disappointment and reality check on what I need, I turned to the octave realm. Who in here has tried the Dunlop Octavia and the Fulltone Ultimate Octave? Opinions?

Thanks

The P-Man

The Fulltone is a Tone Machine clone (if i remember correctly) so it's not really comparing like for like. Both are good.

JRC4558Dude

The Fulltone is a Tone Machine clone (if i remember correctly) so it's not really comparing like for like. Both are good.
Right. The Ultimate Octave is indeed a clone of the Foxx Tone Machine. The Fulltone OctaFuzz is a clone of the Tycobrache Octavia.

Haven't tried the Octavio, by I own both the Ultimate Octave and Octafuzz. The Octafuzz is great-sounding (and now comes in a very small enclosure) but needs to be running very loud to sound good. Totally nails the Band of Gypsys tone.

The Ultimate Octave has a smoother-sounding ocatve effect that seems to work better all over the neck, and the octave up is footswitchable. I prefer the fuzz-only tone of the UO. It's very aggressive and has it's own unique sound, with great sustain.

Trending Topics