Narrowing it down.. Dunlop Octavia or Fulltone Ultimate

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pinelake, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Pinelake

Pinelake Member

I started on a search for a harmonizer and after some disappointment and reality check on what I need, I turned to the octave realm. Who in here has tried the Dunlop Octavia and the Fulltone Ultimate Octave? Opinions?

Thanks

2. The P-Man

The P-Man Member

The Fulltone is a Tone Machine clone (if i remember correctly) so it's not really comparing like for like. Both are good.

3. JRC4558Dude

JRC4558Dude Member

Right. The Ultimate Octave is indeed a clone of the Foxx Tone Machine. The Fulltone OctaFuzz is a clone of the Tycobrache Octavia.

Haven't tried the Octavio, by I own both the Ultimate Octave and Octafuzz. The Octafuzz is great-sounding (and now comes in a very small enclosure) but needs to be running very loud to sound good. Totally nails the Band of Gypsys tone.

The Ultimate Octave has a smoother-sounding ocatve effect that seems to work better all over the neck, and the octave up is footswitchable. I prefer the fuzz-only tone of the UO. It's very aggressive and has it's own unique sound, with great sustain.