1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

nash guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by µ¿ z3®ø™, Feb 23, 2006.

1. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

http://www.nashguitars.com

anybody here have any of these instruments or has played them extensively?
    care to share Ur thoughts, opinions, insights or otherwise rambling rants?

2. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

Do a search--there is a fairly recent thread full of rants and ramblings...

3. currypowder

currypowder Gold Supporting Member

I just purchased one off a TGP member, and it was supposed to be delivered today, but my idiot receptionist wasn't manning the front office so there was no one there to sign for it. So I have to wait another excruciating day for UPS to redeliver.

I've never played one, but they garner high praise, so I'm excited to get it. I'll let you know what I think.

4. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

Everyone that owns one loves them. Even at the newer $1400 price tag they are worth it compared to both CS Fenders and build your own strats.

5. Srvwannab

Srvwannab Silver Supporting Member

I have four of his Strats and two of his Tele's-

I couldn't be happier with them. The guitars are great and Bill is just about as nice a guy as I have ever done business with. One quick Bill Nash customer service story... so I buy one of this guitars on Harmony Central (the first one I bought- a beautiful Dakota Red tele w/ Duncan stacked pickups, rosewood board) and in an attempt to replace a decal on the headstock I managed to absolutely mangle the good man's work. I sent him the guitar to fix and fully expected to pay him for his efforts. The man wouldn't even accept money for shipping the guitar back to me. That was several Nash guitars ago for me. :) I custom ordered a Strat in Hot Rod Red (I know, not an original Fender Custom Color, but my favorite of the Fender reds) and Bill absolutely hit the mark.

The set-up is always great and he always seems to have the right pickups, in the right guitar... I know Opinions are like Belly-buttons, everybody has one, but there is my two cents.

6. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

You mean one of these? :D

[​IMG]

7. Srvwannab

Srvwannab Silver Supporting Member

Hey, Tim. Tell me about your Strat.

8. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

OK...well it's pink you see...

Sorry about that. Just got this today. Shell Pink, "light" relic job, Norstrand pickups (never heard of those...but somebody said they were very good Strat pickups), Maple neck, rosewood board, Alder body...fairly light..I haven't weighed it yet.

Plugged in to my Fuchs ODS...sounds great but I need to set it up to my liking.

Overall I'm very pleased....just gotta due a "Tim" tweak here and there.

9. El Kabong

El Kabong Member

Your strat matches my E-type nicely. I can't believe how the prices have jumped. (I've had mine for a couple of years). Mine has a USA Custom 'Texas Bles Brother' neck with 6105's, a Barden bridge with compensated saddles and a custom wound O.C. Duff p-up.

Out of the shop, it was set up like a kid's heavy metal guitar. With a few tweaks, it play and sounds stunning.

http://www.nashguitars.com/images/gallery/e_series/E-57-Shell.jpg

10. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Nordstrand's are nice Tim. Got a set here at the moment.

LOVE the looks of his stuff. Would love a keef or a blackguard or a blonde tele/esquire....or ...or....or......

11. KarlH

KarlH Supporting Member

www.supersoundmusic.com is a 40 min drive from my house, so I sometimes head up there to check out what brian has... and... low and behold, he just got in 4 nashes... and they all pretty much smoke! Easily on par with the fender relics, with the added bonus of the 60s strat models acually having an even C neck instead of some neck you might find on some ibanez shredder guitar! Plus, all of them have a really nice, light-medium weight to them. In my experience, 1 out of 4 relics have a weight I would consider "nice."

He has 3 strats (a maple neck "Blackie," an early 60s style shoreline gold, and a foam green) and 1 tele (early 60s sonic blue). The neck on the foam green one is perfect for my tastes! Right now I'm looking at some pedals I dont really use to see if I can scrounge up the money to nab one of the strats he's got.

I have a relic 60s strat, which I love, except for that thin neck! My tokai springy sound has a much more comfortable shoulder to it, that I can play it for hours w/o fatigue. These nashes have a much better neck profile, for my tastes.

12. Phil M

Phil M Member

Which one? Was it that gold one?

13. currypowder

No, it is a lightly reliced Tobacco Burst 62. I'm really hoping that in spite of my brainless receptionist and the UPS delivery guy who isn't willing to go the extra 5 ft. to find someone to sign that it gets delivered today. I really hate to have guitars in the shipping system longer than necessary.

14. Phil M

Phil M Member

yeah, I've had that happen too. It'll be fine.

Take it easy on the receptionist though. :)

15. currypowder

I'm not worried, I'm just ranting a bit (I have not taken my frustration out on the receptionist, btw). It's actually not her fault, anyway.

This is WAY OT, but the office suite where my business is located lost it's office manager several weeks ago (and had 2 weeks notice prior to that)and the owner has made very little effort to hire a replacement. So my frustration is really directed at the fact that the office suite is not keeping up their end of the lease by having a receptionist at all times between 8 and 5, mainly to answer the phones and greet customers (and delivery personnel). This is a personal delivery, so no big deal, but I do get aggravated when it affects my business.

16. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

Keep us posted.:)

17. Ricky_Rockhardo

Ricky_Rockhardo Member

I've owned a Nash strat for about 18 months, it's olympic white with the mint green guard. Nice feel and tone. At the time, Bill was still dealing with the public. I've haven't made my mind up to keep as I have an EJ strat on the way next week.

I've been very pleased with the Nash strat though, don't get me wrong, he does good work. I would recommend his work to anyone in the market for the distressed look with the mint feel. His pricing is still good compared to others doing the same vibe.

18. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

I have a 60s type Strat done when he still took custom orders. Has a great big neck and 6150 frets. Love it. Totally smoking guitar.

19. currypowder

Ahh, it finally arrived. I've only had about 15 minutes with it through a Line 6 guitar port, but so far, I'm impressed. I'm assuming it has a Warmoth neck since it has a 10 - 16 radius, and it's nice and fat, just the way I like them. Flamed birdsey maple, too. Real good tone through the modelling program, can't wait to get some time through a real amp, though. All in all, it's definately a keeper.

20. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

golly, i go away for the weekend and there's 2 pages already.
    my local gear pimp (capsule music here in t-dot) has 4 guitarson the way and they are contemplating a further order before they actually arrive. i have a few 'wish' guitars and am thinkin' about pullin' the trigger.
    i've heard nothing but great stuff about his gee-tars and they are super reasonably priced. still haven't made up my mind, but thanx so much for all the 411.