Nash Guitars

rollingdam

Now that these guitars have been around for a while, what is the current opinion of them?

I am eyeballing a Tele 57 of his.

Kmaz

Their reputation is that of being a great sounding and playing guitar with not-so-great relicing. A lot of guys on here love their Nash instrument.

This is my understanding. Go get that '57! :)

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Silver Supporting Member
I really love the one I have, but be forewarned, they almost all have narrow 1-5/8's nuts. I struggle with keeping the low E on the neck sometimes.

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
Been around for a while? Bill Nash started building partsocasters in the 80's, really before anyone else I know of.

He was also one of the first to do the relic thing. I believe. He made them for players who didn't want to take their vintage instruments on the road but wanted the worn in feel and look.

btdvox

His guitars play great. I'm not the biggest fan of his relic jobs though. His neck has always looked super, super artificial for some reason.

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
I've owned 3 Nash guitars since 2005 and still have one, (an E-12).

All sounded/played great, being the ideal guitar to play out and not worry about dinging up or letting others play it at jams. I agree with btdvox that the neck colour the Nash team use, doesn't look right and, (where the lacquer exists) looks too 'yellow'. 'Relicing' looks okay from a distance, but others do it better if you want a more 'vintage accurate' look.

Only sold my 2 Nash 'S' guitars because I got the opportunity to buy a Lentz S which are pretty scarce in the UK.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bill Nash for a meal out when he visited London, UK and enjoyed his company very much talking music and guitars.

slowerhand

Silver Supporting Member
If you forget about wanting to look realistic, I kind of like some of the over the top relics, in the same way as I might like a Tyler burning water, a nice piece of graffiti art, or an abstract painting.

p1_u3n050qlg_so.jpg

images

IMG_8106.jpg

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Have seen and played a quite a few Nash guitars. IMHO - meh.

If you have a chance, at a somewhat similar price point, take a gander at Danocaster.

Regarding finish and playability - no comparison between Nash and Dano. Dan's guitars are usually spoken for months in advance; but if you decide to get in his queue or buy one used, you won't be disappointed.

There is a local shop that sells Nash. I brought in my two Danos so they could see them. The guys at the store - they just shook their heads. My Danos look the part, sound the part and play the part - all at a very different level than the Nash axes the store was selling.

When I lived in Florida, I also was able to put my hands on a few Nashes at an authorized dealer. Again, no comparison - from multiple perspectives - IMHO.

YMMV though.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
comparing nash to nash, nash wins.

comparing nash to others opens the gate to interpretation.

all subjective.

i can vouch for nash guitars as being fine instruments that will play well, sound terrific. if that's important to you, buy with no regrets.

if your objective is to find the best guitar in the universe, as it occurs to you, i would also suggest buying the nash, and enjoy the ride while you "search" for the something better.

FlyingVBlues

Platinum Supporting Member
I have a Nash T63 Tele that I picked up in the Emporium a few years ago. Ash body, blonde nitro finish, Rosewood slab fingerboard. 3 ply mint pick guard, high quality hardware and electronics. I replaced the stock Lollar pickups with DiMarzio Area T’s to eliminate single coil hum. The relicing job on the body is very restrained and is well done. The relicing on the back of the neck looks fake, which doesn’t bother me. I’m not trying to fool anyone into thinking this is a vintage instrument, I simply like the feel of reliced guitars. My T63 has stellar fretwork and the neck feels great, it sounds terrific and is inspiring to play.

RickC

Relicing is usually over the top and a matter of taste. I generally love what he does. You know how some guitars just give you a tingle every time you pull it out of the case? Both of the Nash's I've owned did that.

Playwise, like true vintage guitars, when you find a really good one its fantastic. His rate in that regard is pretty high, but not 100%.

/rick

MightyGuru

Had my Nash almost 10 years now. Best strat I have owned. I replaced the frets with SS and it's been my #1 for a loooong time.

dangeroso

My S63 is a great sounding, great feeling guitar. Super tight neck joint, great setup, etc.

Don't love the relicing to be honest, but it's the best Strat I've played.

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
My Danocaster was better in several ways (more realistic aging, better feeling neck) but the Nash was a great guitar and I really wish the guy I sold it to would let me buy it back. It had a wider nut than any other I've ever played and a birdseye neck. For the price you can get them used it's hard to argue with the value. Good wood, good electronics, well setup and a nitro finish.

hendrik7

I played the 57 tele the other day and it had me gassing. Loved the thin neck. Playability was awesome.

Top Bottom