Nash Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wescattle, Aug 19, 2006.

1. wescattle

wescattle Member

How are these guitars, they look really cool and are reasonably priced. Does anyone here own one of his Telecasters?

Thanks

2. J Purcell

J Purcell Member

I've owned a couple and they were pretty nice guitars but I thought the relicing looked a little over done on both. No where near the quality of a GVCG or Revelator but a lot less money and much easier to buy.
    Check out K-Line Guitars. Chris is a nice guy and builds a great T-Type, S-Type Relic for a very reasonable price.

3. Silverboy

Silverboy Member

I don't know Nash guitars so I can't comment, but I can tell you that the best s & t guitars that I've played are made by a guy in Nashville named Jeff Senn... jeffsennguitars.com. And reasonably priced.... I'm getting a tele-style soon from him...

4. Relicula

Relicula Supporting Member

Prepare yourself for the "relic it yourself" police. And the naysayers about kit guitars and how you can build one on your own.

I actually own one of Bills guitars, and have a fair stable of vintage, and new instruments to compare it to. I have owned over the years many strats, 7 Cunetto's, and a 67. The Nash is on par with Fender's Custom Shop stuff, the relic finish is always subjective, and I will leave that up to you. This guitar is one of the better sounding strats I have ever owned. It rings very nice acoustically, and has a great vintage vibe to it. I was able to purchase it when Nash was taking customer orders, and had the opportunity to pick out the particulars, like neck size, and pickups etc.

We all have heard ad nauseum that Scott Lentz, and Grosh, and Koll, and every other builder out there does a better job, at twice the price they should. Tone does not have a price tag, if it did 70's strats wouldnt be 5k. So if you dare, take a chance on one of these, they are very cool.:RoCkIn

5. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

I have one (similar to Reliculas if memory serves) and I love it. Great guitar at a great price made for me (back when he took individual orders). Sold two Grosh Retro Classics and a Fender CS 59 reissue after getting it. It was that good.

6. Relicula

Relicula Supporting Member

Just to add to Bill's post, I had 4 Cunetto's at the time of this purchase, only one remains. With the funding of those guitars I bought my first Rossington Les Paul.

7. majorledhead

majorledhead Supporting Member

I got mine when custom orders were being taken and it is still my number one. Bills customer service has been fantastic. I just got it back from a fret job and general tune-up, all free of charge. Tone, playabillity, and looks for a fair price.

8. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

+1:AOK

9. 1959burst

1959burst boogieman Silver Supporting Member

i have a nash strat that is on par with my vintage strats, blows cs fender strats away.:dude

10. dukew

dukew Supporting Member

Superstition Mountain with Robert in the Bar
    Bill makes great guitars, I've had several. Was dissappointed with the fret job on the last one I got. It's a '57 Mary Kay Strat w/gold hardware. Sent it to my tech in St. Louis, he worked it over, now it's stunning but it cost another $125 to get done. I think he's so busy that the fret work is suffering a little but overall every bit as good as a Fender time machine for a lot less money.

11. Blueser

Blueser Member

Of 4 or 5 people that I know of that ordered Nash guitars, 3 of them had problems with their order. Wrong necks, frets, etc. After waiting all that time, I would not be willing to wait again to have it repaired.

12. Dr. Vibrolux

Dr. Vibrolux Member

The day after I bought my Nash 63's Strat I took my Fender Custom Shop Strat and sold it on Ebay. Only kept the case for my Nash.
    [​IMG]

13. Phil M

Phil M Member

Great guitars, best "strat" I've ever played. I have a '60s S-type.

14. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

I've played several of Bill's guitars and decided to get the TK-54 pictured here.... superb instrument! I also own several custom shop Fenders and this one gets most of the attention :dude It's an 06 and spot on perfect in every way.

[​IMG]

15. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I love my Shell Pink S-63. Just a damn good nitro finished strat with a compound radius fretboard. The Rio Grande p'ups are great too.

16. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Supporting Member

My faded Fiesta Red T-63 is awesome.Purchased from Phil's Guitars
    last winter.With the Lollar pickups it is a blues/rock/country machine.

17. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

I had two back when he was taking custom orders. I've had nothing but a positive experience with Bill Nash's guitars. Both of mine were setup perfectly and played fantastic. For the price you get a nicely built S or T with Custom shop features at a about half the cost. Foolishly I sold them both when a /13 amp became available that I wanted & I had a fire sale when I couldn't move a Custom shop strat. They both sold within 12 hours, the first within three. It was quick cash (I got a FTR 37 for $2200 :D )............Fast forward about eight months. I'm getting one of them back. I regretted seeling it ever since now it's coming back home.:p I can't wait.

Joe

18. currypowder

currypowder Gold Supporting Member

I've owned several and each and every one of them was perfect in every way. Currently I'm down to 1 S-type and a Revelator T-type.

I just traded one back to Joe Perry after I purchased the one I'm keeping with a neck a bit more to my liking, and I have a blonde tele FS in the emporium since I purchased the Revelator in almost the same specs. I wouldn't say the Revelator plays any better than the Nash, but the heavier relicing is more convincing to me than other Nash's with more than medium relicing that I've seen. The fretwork has been great in each case and Bill seems to know the right pickups to install. I have stuck with the medium to light relicing in Nash's and they have all been very tastefully and done and natural looking.

19. BigBone

BigBone Member

I had the the opportunity to play a Nash tele a little while ago. Although I don't really get the relic fad, I was really impressed with the guitar. In fact impressed enough I wanted to buy it. Too bad it was already sold.

20. angler87

angler87 Member

hey,

I had a Nash double bound telecaster custom that I special ordered in Jan of 05. Took like 10 months to get and I ended up selling it a couple months later.

Bill messed up the guitar a couple times but made up for his mistakes by giving me a free tweed case, etc.

Overall the guitar was okay but not as great as I would have hoped. I think there's a reason why you see so many used ones being sold on eBay and forums like TGP. It's just like boutique amps. If you own one you have to hype it keep the value up, but once you sell it you're free to say what you really think.