Nash Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Kmaz, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

I saw a Nash Strat on Kimmel the other night. The band were called 'Old Dominion' and sounded great. The guitar looked like Daphne Blue with a maple fretboard. There was even a closeup shot of the Peg head with Nash logo.

I've always been interested in Nash and although they are probably not the rage of 10 years ago, seem to have some staying power.

Nash owners, chime in!

2. guitarchris76

guitarchris76 Member

I have played several and have loved every one. I have one on order now and have never been so excited waiting for a guitar.

3. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Good foryou, gc76. Which store is the 'go-to' for Nash?

4. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Supporting Member

I would much rather spend $ on a Danocaster,K-Line,etc. than i would a Nash.
    They look more realistic to me. :cool:

fretless, mslugano and Stratobuc like this.
  5. morgan918

morgan918 Member

About a year ago I needed a strat for a new band. I've always been a Gibson guy but also have a tele and a jag, I just never cared for strats in any way. So I went shopping played a ton of Fenders of all types for a few weeks and felt relatively unimpressed. I liked the custom shop stuff the most but couldn't stomach paying that much and they felt kinda sterile. Then I came upon a used Nash and it was instant love. Something about the neck and the pickups (lollars). It sounds very lively, I have it set up to float and very springy. It just screamed at me to buy it. I bought it in spite of the body relicing, although I love how the neck looks and feels. It's been a year and I'm still not over this thing. I miss it when I'm away from it. I paid about $1700 for mine and worth every penny.

I recently replaced the Nash white plastics with a black vintage 70s pickguard and new but relic'd parts. Looks badass IMO and fits me better than the Clapton blackie look. Here's a recent shot when we were in the studio.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  6. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

Belt sander caster.

fretless, mslugano and Stratobuc like this.
  7. stratobobster

stratobobster Member

I've owned a LOT of Strats and several Teles over the years, but I've gotta say I've never been happier than with the Nash guitars I've owned for the past year: a Strat (S-57) and a Thinline Tele (T-72TL).

8. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

I hope that is a funky gray amp beside the Strat and not a space heater!! That wouldn't be too good for those guitars, especially the 335.

Awesome looking arsenal BTW.

9. morgan918

morgan918 Member

Lol, thanks. The silver box is one of those little lunch box amps. The studio had it sitting around. That 335 was the studio's (the LP deluxe in the middle is mine) but now I'm totally on the hunt. I fell in love with that thing, it's an early 90s or so.

10. vegarman

vegarman Silver Supporting Member

yep own two , a strat and a tele, great players. bought both at very reasonable prices!!

11. buckd

buckd I like big picks and I can not lie... Silver Supporting Member

My Nash T63 is the best playing and sounding guitar I've ever owned. And I've owned many high end guitars. I don't care about the relic'ing part. The neck is pure magic.

the tourist, gwayne and morgan918 like this.
  12. T92780

T92780 Silver Supporting Member

I've played a few Nash's at Mesa in Hollywood a few years ago and they felt great, had Lollars (my choice winder), etc....but never bought one. I got GAS recently for a beat up T52, which I don't have in my herd and a beat up bastard caught my eye and I bought it, instead of building one for nearly same cost.

I'm actually looking at shipping carton in my office (see below pic) as I type this, so to get acclimated to temp before I open her up, though this guitar has already been dragged behind a car, so no real need to get climate acclimated..lol... soon to unveil this ugly duckling after lunch...looking forward to it:

[​IMG]
    Nash Box by t92780

the tourist and morgan918 like this.
  13. morgan918

morgan918 Member

That's exactly how I felt. I kinda looked at it and was like, huh, but once I played it I was like HUH!

The funny thing is that despite not liking the relicing much early on, over the course of the year it's grown on me. I treat it like the slab of wood it is (not that much of a babier on any of my guitars), but there's a just-a-chunk-o-wood aspect to this guitar that I really love.

14. T92780

the tourist, buckd and shane8 like this.
  15. Rockin J

Rockin J Member

That is the most beat up looking tele I have ever seen :D

16. mikefair

mikefair Supporting Member

Killer Vintage in St. Louis is a Nash and K-Line dealer. I played a bunch of both and they all sounded and felt great. Like old guitars!

17. jklotz

jklotz Member

Good thing you are letting it aclimate. That be a real shame if the laquer were to check. ;-)

T92780 likes this.
  18. T92780

Maybe I got lucky, but playing this guitar feels great unplugged, which I didn't know buying online. I have FCS's, etc..but unplugged this guitar feels great and neck I knew from playing other Nash guitars would be great for my hands, and it is. Impressed at any cost. Tomorrow I'll plug her into Two Rock and we'll see, but resonating great, perfecto 7lbs....happy I didn't pay for $3k more for a Nacho at the moment.....we'll see.

morgan918 likes this.
  19. T92780

Looks better in person.

20. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Have you seen Beck's Yardbirds Esquire? :)