Nash T-52 Tele Telecaster - - Good Stuff

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
I've spent the past few weeks playing all kinds of different guitars, looking for something to replace my recently sold G&L Legacy.

I have the Gibson guitar territory covered with a LP Classic and Silverburst SG.
So, I have been concentrating on Superstrats and Teles. I'm looking for something that can cover classic single coil tones as well as something I can rock out with. I had bought a Music Man Cutlass, but it had to go back due to excessive string buzz. Great neck on that guitar.

I've played, in no particular order:
Ibanez Prestiges, Jems and Andy Timmons
Fender Hot Rod 57, USA Professional, Standards, Elite, and Mystic Aztec Gold strats
Fender 52 AVRI, USA Professional and Baja Teles
Charvels and Jacksons out of USA and Mexico
A 1995 Tom Anderson Cobra T
Warrior
Suhr Moderns and Classics
Grover Jacksons
Reverends
ESP LTDs
G&L Custom ASAT

I think that covers the majority of guitars I tried out.
Some of the guitars played and sounded better than others. Generally speaking, quality follows price. Some of the cheaper guitars were as playable and sounded as good as the way expensive models.

One guitar stood out above all the rest with the best playability and distinctive sound.
Nash T-52 Olympic White.
The Nash guitars consistently sounded good and played great. The Nash team knows how to set up a guitar.
I generally don't like flashy guitars and could care less about the relic jobs. I want something that plays and sounds great. For the $$$, this one Nash grabbed my attention and brought me back to play it again and again. It feels like an old friend, fits like an old glove. It sounds hot, but clear, responsive. I've read the negative reviews saying that Nash guitars are just expensive parts guitars. Aren't they all? Looks beat to hell, wish it looked new, but whatever...

Guess I should mention that I found this guitar at the Tone Shop in Addison. My favorite new place to shop for gear. They're online, too. I also got to play a lot of nice gear at the Guitar Sanctuary. A bit out of the way, but totally worth the trip.

Last edited:

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
Wow! That's awesome! I to am in search of a old school Tele and could definitely live with that!

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Wow! That's awesome! I to am in search of a old school Tele and could definitely live with that!
I've not had a real Tele before. After playing several of em, including Fenders, G&Ls, Reverends and Suhrs...I have no problem recommending the Nash guitars. The Suhr with a roasted neck is very nice, too, but costs a significant amount more than the Nash.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Thanks guys! Yeah, the relicing is a bit over the top, but it's growing on me.
It does match that Marshall cab! First thing I thought when I was taking the pics.

I was bouncing back n forth between a very nice Fender Hot Rod 57 strat and Nash strat. The Fender had more output because of the Tone Zone bridge pup, the Nash strat more bite and a nicer feel. I picked up the Tele and it had it all put together. Great feel, plenty of bite, surprising output.

I could tell that Nash Tele was something special right off. The guitar is resonant, has a big ol sound.
The neck pup gets some nice bluesy tone, and even jazzy with the tone knob rolled back.
The middle setting is beautiful for clean stuff, not unlike the neck/mid setting on a strat, but more of everything nice.
The bridge pup is fantastic. Not as dirty as a full-blown humbucker, but plenty of output for rocking. It actually sounds kind of FilterTron TV Jones meets PAF with the tone knob rolled back. Going through a cranked Divided by 13 CCC 9/15, it sounded downright rockin. Malcom AC/DC sounding. The guitar is quite versatile. It's gonna be my #1 for a good while!

There was a gold-top G&L custom ASAT that was lighter, with humbuckers, that sounded a bit hotter and just as nice. It didn't play as nice as the Nash, but I think it could get there with a good setup. It was very nice!

rublalup

Thanks guys! Yeah, the relicing is a bit over the top, but it's growing on me.
It does match that Marshall cab! First thing I thought when I was taking the pics.

I was bouncing back n forth between a very nice Fender Hot Rod 57 strat and Nash strat. The Fender had more output because of the Tone Zone bridge pup, the Nash strat more bite and a nicer feel. I picked up the Tele and it had it all put together. Great feel, plenty of bite, surprising output.

I could tell that Nash Tele was something special right off. The guitar is resonant, has a big ol sound.
The neck pup gets some nice bluesy tone, and even jazzy with the tone knob rolled back.
The middle setting is beautiful for clean stuff, not unlike the neck/mid setting on a strat, but more of everything nice.
The bridge pup is fantastic. Not as dirty as a full-blown humbucker, but plenty of output for rocking. It actually sounds kind of FilterTron TV Jones meets PAF with the tone knob rolled back. Going through a cranked Divided by 13 CCC 9/15, it sounded downright rockin. Malcom AC/DC sounding. The guitar is quite versatile. It's gonna be my #1 for a good while!

There was a gold-top G&L custom ASAT that was lighter, with humbuckers, that sounded a bit hotter and just as nice. It didn't play as nice as the Nash, but I think it could get there with a good setup. It was very nice!
Very cool. Would love to hear some stuff from that axe

Sparky6string

I'm jelly, but if it were mine I wouldn't be able to shake the thought that I should be putting the case in the guitar for safety. I keed. Congrats!

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
I got the "c" shaped neck. This sucker is a full neck! I can't imagine what the boat neck is like.

Say what you want about the relic job, which I'm really starting to dig, these Nash guitars are excellent players. Honeymoon love goin on.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Haha the video took me by suprise to, awesome. Sounds killer. Which bridge pickup is it?

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Haha the video took me by suprise to, awesome. Sounds killer. Which bridge pickup is it?

It is my understanding that Nash uses a modified version of the Lollar Special T. I initially thought I'd be putting a single coil sized humbucker in the bridge position. Think I'll leave it the way it is for a while. I imagine I can get whatever I need out of that pickup and the Naylor, with maybe a pedal thrown if needed.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
It is my understanding that Nash uses a modified version of the Lollar Special T. I initially thought I'd be putting a single coil sized humbucker in the bridge position. Think I'll leave it the way it is for a while. I imagine I can get whatever I need out of that pickup and the Naylor, with maybe a pedal thrown if needed.
Ah cool, as I hoped it's a Broadcaster style pickup, hotter and darker than your trad tele pup. Handles hi-gain great I'd say, don't ruin it with a bucker! :)

morgan918

I have Lollars in my Nash strat and they sound amazing too. Yours sound particularly versatile.

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
yessir! I used to have an 07 nash that looked very very similar to that. Was a monster. Enjoy it!

Did you get it from Toneshop?

Trending Topics