Nash Tele 63 Relic!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by tthompso7, Jul 15, 2005.

1. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Just picked up this Nash Tele from Juniors Music in Clinton, CT. Paul just became a dealer and this was the first delivery... Loving it right now and I'm bringing into the studio this weekend.

Any other Nash owners out there?

[​IMG]

2. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

That really is a beauty. I'm psyched you got it on three levels.

1. Happy for you
    2. Happy it's not available to fuel my GAS
    3. When I see you, I'll get to play it.

3. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

David,

You'll really dig it... Hate to fuel your GAS but check this one out for sale on the forum

more pics

info

4. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

whoops looks like they're gone!

5. Phil M

Phil M Member

tthompso7, that is beautiful! They go fast and there's a long wait on these.

My big bro, who sometimes comes here, helped me out with one at Rumbleseat. There was a Daphne Blue '60 style Nash strat on the wall, but I didn't know what one was; I wasn't that impressed with the look since I figured guitars should relic on their own, but after playing the thing, I was converted. It is hard to love other guitars now...

[​IMG]

6. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Nice strat! I'm very impressed with the playability. Love the worn in feel of the neck and the large frets, all dressed really well. The brazilian rosewood fetboard is sweet. Best of all, I turn it over and he has this sticker on it with my birthday! It was meant to be!

[​IMG]

7. jetguitargary

jetguitargary Member

Cool guitar tthompso7! I was wondering who got that one!

I've been a Nash fan after reading about him in The ToneQuest Report and ordering my first, a black Thinline Tele. So far I have three. The candy apple red S-62 Strat is the newest and has a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. The other Strat is a S-57 Both Strats have 60's Voodoo pickups. Both the S-57 and S-62 have one piece bodies. The 57 is ash and the 62 is alder. All three are light weight. The Thinline has Duncan Stacks. I love the way the Nash guitars resonate and play. The all nitro finish makes a big difference to the sound. The broken in feel is awesome. I just love the way they look and SOUND!

Gary Mulder

www.mulderaudio.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 59burst

59burst Gold Supporting Member

Yup -- me! I had him build me an S-style - super lightweight ash body, three tone sunburst, very beefy flame maple C neck with 1 11/16" nut width, slab brazilian board with 9.5" radius, Fralin pickups, super thin nitro finish, no aging whatsoever.

Wow. All vintage specs with a slightly wider nut and flatter radius (I'm a Gibson guy, overall) on a very full neck, this baby rocks! (When I got it, it was a little on the bright side, but it has been warming up with use.)

I spec'd USA Custom Guitar body and neck, and even with the brazilian board, it cost less than a used custom shop relic from you know who.

Great axes for great prices! :dude

9. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Nice Thinline jetguitargary! Schweet!

10. jetguitargary

jetguitargary Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by tthompso7

Nice Thinline jetguitargary! Schweet!

Thanks tthompso7!

It has a soft V neck that I'm surprised I like so much. It only weighs 6 lbs 1 oz! This thing just rips and I'm finding I play it more and more. It's my best sounding guitar into the Fender Vibro-King.

Here are a couple more images...

Gary Mulder

www.mulderaudio.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TeleTubby

TeleTubby Supporting Member

I'm not a Nash owner (yet), but I'm close enough to Phil's to go try a bunch of them out- great sounding guitars, and they "feel" right, too- can't explain, but you'd know what I mean by playing them. My only hesitation is weight- I see that your Thinline is very light, but the ones hanging on the wall here tend to be a little heavier than I like (and to keep it in perspective, I like them REALLY light!). Can you specify an approx. weight when you special order one? I'll ask Phil, but thought some of you might know...

12. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

Yep I've got a Strat style from him. Plays great and sounds great. Took FOREVER to get and the neck on the first one wasn't correct. Got that fixed and all is good.

http://www.nashguitars.com/Barnard.htm

13. jetguitargary

jetguitargary Member

Hey TeleTubby,

How light is really light for you? I always wonder that when it comes to Strats and Teles. What is the range for what's considered a really light one? My two Nash Strats shown are in the light range for Bill Nash at about 7lbs 6oz each... He will help by finding a light body when special ordering. Real light might be under 7lbs?

Gary Mulder

Mulder Audio X-Cables

14. TeleTubby

TeleTubby Supporting Member

jetguitargary, not sure you'd ever find a scale that everybody agrees with, but for Teles, I'd say...

heavy- greater than 8 lbs.

medium- between 7 and 8 lbs.

light- less than 7 lbs.

REALLY light- less than 6.5 lbs.

...and maybe add 1/2 lb. to the scale for Strats- it's all that extra "stuff," dontcha know?:) My '50 CS Esquire is under 6 lbs., has a huge neck, sounds brilliant, and just feels great strapped on- perfection for me. The Nashes I've played here are (I'm guessing) in the 8 lb. and above range, so you can see why they feel heavy to me. But that's probably just right for others, and more power to them- any guitar that makes you want to pick it up and play is a perfect one in my book. And even when you're not playing it, a Nash just looks "right" sitting on the guitar stand- totally cool stuff!!!

15. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member