Nash Tele help!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by theanalogdream, Apr 2, 2008.

1. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

I have a G&L ASAT semi hollow bluesboy. The feel of the guitar and build is really solid and nice to play, however because it is semi hollow and has a humbucker, it is not exactly what I'm looking for. I just want flat out tele-tone. I've been looking around alot and Nash seems to be putting out some great guitars.
    My problem is do I go for the 50's or 60's model? I really like the sounds of both but was wondering if anyone could maybe share a little about their own nash guitars?
    Also, do I go with Lollar's or Fralin's?
    help!?

2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Is the choice really one of Ash/Maple vs. Alder/Rosewood for the 50's vs. 60's?

From what I've seen, the T-52s usually are in the greatest demand compared to any 60's models.

A Rosewood board will mean a no visible relicing on the fretboard .... and that's one point of contention for Nash detractors ...

3. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

Rosewood board Nash guitars still have relicing on the, just not nearly as visible, especially in pictures.

Truly, comes down tot he wood prefence tonewise.

4. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

So the rosewood would be a little darker and have less sustain? I'm not sure what the tonal difference would be between alder and ash....can anyone help me out with that one?

5. frank4001

frank4001 Member

The early 60's Tele's with rosewood boards were ash...not sure when or if they changed to alder..I'm pretty sure about a few alder Tele's with rosewood boards being built though...