Nash

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Playloudd308, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Playloudd308

Playloudd308 Supporting Member

I am looking at nashes and they are VERY resonably priced. How do they compare to the fender custom shop quality? Anyone have pics of theirs?'

2. Tallhorses

Tallhorses Member

I owned this one for a while and it was sweet... The last few I've seen were just ok in terms of the "relic" job. I will say the T63 below was amazing to play.

[​IMG]

3. Playloudd308

im not too big on reliced guitars, but i have heard that the nashes play really nice and it gave me a little GAS

4. sunburstrat

sunburstrat Member

What are the details on these? Are they partsocasters with some special mojo dust on them? If so, what parts are they using?

5. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
    Lots of answers here in the this cover story on Nash Guitars in Tonequest:

www.tonequest.com/pdf_pubs/samples/TQRAug0406_Proof.pdf

6. KarlH

KarlH Supporting Member

every once in a while i make it down to www.supersoundmusic.com and check out the nashes there... every one has been awesome, and Im waiting for a blackguard tele to come in... i just may pull the trigger!

7. Playloudd308

they sound like awesome guitars. Anyone know where they get their necks/bodies from??

8. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Supporting Member

My Nash is awesome! I've had Fender's and this one's better. IMHO
    [​IMG]

9. Relicula

Relicula Supporting Member

Be prepared for the "relic it yourself" police to chime in, and of course these guitars are not as good as Lentz,Suhr, and a variety of other Fender style guitars that cost twice as much. According to their owners.

I can only base my answer on my personal experience, I have owned 7 Cunetto relics, I have two vintage strats, and have played enough to validate my honest opinion. The Nash's are great guitars, probably not every one sounds better than every vintage, or boutique builder out there, but for the money, you can get a great feeling, hopefully for you, a great sounding guitar.

Mine resonates like crazy, has the biggest neck of any strat I have ever played, and I am relicing it even more every time I play it, are they perfect...no, are they very cool...yes indeed.

10. lv

lv Supporting Member

I owned an ash 57 strat style. It was a very good guitar, maybe not great though. Nice resonance, great sounding Lollar pickups. Nut work wasn't the best I've seen, lots of creaking when tuning. If you just looked at the trem in the wrong way it would go out of tune.

In my opinion, the Nash is stuff is perfect for those seeking a relic type of instrument at a lower cost. I preferred most of my Fender stuff, including the production line guitars.

11. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

I owned one of his own design once (he stopped building them) superb guitar cool sound, neck just was too narrow for me.
    I think they make great guitars.

12. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

The Tonequest article I linked gives lots of details on your question.

As I recall from reading it, while Nash has used several sources, at the time of the article they were very big on sourcing from USA Custom Guitars (I just ran a search on the article and he mentions them at least 10 times):

http://www.usacustomguitars.com

If you're interested in Nash's, I strongly suggest reading the article. I found it very interesting and informative. It's over 11 pages long, and includes a review of a Nash Tele.

13. lbw

lbw Member

According to an interview I read, the bodies and necks are Allparts or if you want to pay the upcharge USA Custom Guitars.

14. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

My understanding is since Nash stopped custom orders, Nash's are still available only from dealers (and shelf stock featured on his website). At least that's what his website still confirms.

So an individual buyer currently wouldn't be able to spec the source, I don't believe. Anyone else that knows differently, please chime in.

As to what parts are used in his current production guitars, maybe some newer buyers that have pulled the necks might know. The Tonequest article is 2 years old, so it may not be accurate as to what he's doing now.

15. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Supporting Member

I have a Nash T-63 faded Fiesta Red tele.I LOVE IT!

16. 54GT

54GT Silver Supporting Member

I have a blackguard Tele and a LPB Thinline from Nash and they are great sounding, really good playing guitars ( as points of comparison, i have/have had Fender, Suhr, Grosh, GVCG). and Bill has always been a good guy in all my dealings with him.

Corey

17. Berre

Berre Member

we'll i've got a 2 tone S-57 on the way, bought it at Killer Vintage....
    should be arriving begin next week...
    CAN'T WAIT !!! :dude

Bert

18. B Vance

B Vance Member

I have one on the way as well.

Tele style with bound top and bottom.

Color: Firemist Silver Metallic
    PU's: Lollar Underwound Imperial Humbucker in the neck and T-Special in the bridge
    Neck: 9 1/2 fat back maple neck with rosewood board.

I'm looking forward to it coming in.

19. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I have a shell pink S-63 and we are deeply in love. To be fair, I haven't played a Suhr, but I have played Fender CS and vintage, Andersons, Grosh and other boutique-y guitboxi....the Nash is right there if not better.

I love the broken in feel and vintage style. The tone and playability are top notch. I've played 10 or so Nash's and they all had something going on...mainly a great feeling/playing guitar.

Last night was a Tone O' The Gods with my Nash/Aiken Sabre combo. All is Bliss.

20. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Supporting Member

Love my Nash Tele, plays better than some Nocasters I've played.
    [​IMG]